Top Shelf Aquatics

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Corals progression: pink cadillac
October 2018

March 2019

July 2019
I love it! The growth structure you have far more horizontal then mine have grown out with heavy and low flow/high par that’s all I have :rolleyes:. It’s so subtle overall really other then the metallic blue polyps. I have thing for them the pink cadi other like Acros. The one decent size frag that survived(barely) the bugs it’s tissue healing/the filaments only when l feed at this point are becoming less and less! The yellow is coming in/ pe improvement on daily basis. I got excited when I saw this lol.

Corals.com
OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
I love it! The growth structure you have far more horizontal then mine have grown out with heavy and low flow/high par that’s all I have :rolleyes:. It’s so subtle overall really other then the metallic blue polyps. I have thing for them the pink cadi other like Acros. The one decent size frag that survived(barely) the bugs it’s tissue healing/the filaments only when l feed at this point are becoming less and less! The yellow is coming in/ pe improvement on daily basis. I got excited when I saw this lol.
Thanks, i had some troubles with this acro. I managed to kill two smaller frags during my aefw treatments (too high revive concentration), then some time ago i decided to change it's place and it responded really bad to the move.
I had the feeling it was going straight rtn, so i replaced it to his earlier spot and all fall back in order.
Maybe a question of flow or light... who know's, these are fragile things in the end... and at the beginning i might add.

Last edited:

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
By the way, i check some of your threads do you still have the baby cbb?
Was it hard to keep such a small one?
I don't have him any more :( I moved places and he died while my brother was looking after him :(
For us here in Australia, they're a lot easier than what you guys have to go through but they're still not the easiest fish to keep! I have plenty of other butterflies now though, I'll never not have them!

OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
I don't have him any more :( I moved places and he died while my brother was looking after him :(
For us here in Australia, they're a lot easier than what you guys have to go through but they're still not the easiest fish to keep! I have plenty of other butterflies now though, I'll never not have them!
Thanks, i think it was the first time i saw a baby cbb.
One of my favorite fish.

OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Heatwave here (33*c, 90*f), last weekend the chiller had some troubles to bring the temp down.
I realized sunday that the heater was always on (cobalt 300w +- 2 years of use).
The new one is a finnex 300w titanium with a controller, seem to work fine so far.

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Heatwave here (33*c, 90*f), last weekend the chiller had some troubles to bring the temp down.
I realized sunday that the heater was always on (cobalt 300w +- 2 years of use).
The new one is a finnex 300w titanium with a controller, seem to work fine so far.
When you “actually” feel lucky and or happy to run a chiller lol. Definitely one of those defining moments the aquarium heater is no longer trusted referred to only inn profanity. The staged/secondary controller is truly single best investments you can make in this hobby I’m convinced. All heaters well, suck some use to exploed starting fires,and some never heated at all. Controllers save lives lol, even the dual stage inkbird’s ($35 on Amazon) work great.

Last edited:

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
For sure absolutely! I’ve had a teco chiller in a decoy box stashed in my garage 10 years+. Purely hypothetical yet completely possible.. The AC goes out in summer you’re golden, and emergency reef priorities accomplished long ago. The tanks guaranteed to be as cool as a cucumber. Meanwhile enduring probable fate of sweating your a%# off, yet you feel great and accomplished. Proving to wive’s and lonely chillers everywhere you were dam good investment after all. :rolleyes: True story...

Last edited:

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
New additions, first time i have them
3 grumpy fish and a little Bizzaro Cyphastrea frag

And 2 more little fish, too shy for a pic: flame blenny and a small circus goby
Haha I always love bangaii cardinals! I really like when they get fully mature and get darker. Pearly undertones are a nice touch!

OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Yep, they're fun to watch.
I was hoping to see them go in the diadema but so far they show no interest to it.
Also, one of them has a little thing on the lip. Not sure if it's a small injury or something more serious.
Time will tell...

OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Sad sight today, the longnose is no more with us.
I really think the purple is the culprit, he was always after him.

This is the last chance for the little tang, he turn berserk on another fish and it's back to the lfs.

Last edited:

Do you use Instagram for reefing stuff? What’s your handle?

• Yes I follow people

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Yes and I post reefing content

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • No IG isn’t for me

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • What is IG?

Votes: 2 3.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors