My tank is Wrasse-tastic :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter btkrausen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
4,835
Reaction score
103
Location
Bardstown, KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a vid I did real fast from my Droid X. You can see all my recent wrasse additions, and see my baby blue jaw trigger run into his hiding spot around the middle of the vid, haha. I hope you enjoy.

 
Last edited:
Beautiful. I love how wrasses are always out and about adding to the movement in a tank.
 
Yeah, I love watching these wrasses. My flame wrasse is the bully of tank now. I saw him poke at a green chromis earlier.

As of tonight, I have a Rhomboid, Lineatus, Flame, Labouti, and Filamented Flasher wrasse. All of them all male.
 
My flame is the boss too. I've only got a flame pair and a radiant though. I love the Rhomboids but I gave up on $300 dollar fish after I lost both to a carpet surfing wipe-out. I think I want a Vrolik's wrasse next.

p-37462-vroliks.jpg
 
I'm supposed to be getting a female flame soon as soon as my fish guy can order. Hopefully that'll settle him down a bit. As for jumping, I covered my tank to keep these guys under water :)

That is a gorgeous wrasse above.
 
Thanks Skinz. I need to get the HD camera out and see what a video looks like on it. My Droid wasn't as clear when its blown up on Photobucket.

I'm really thinking about getting a female Labouti now, as I just love the personality and body shape of them. The Labouti's eyes kinda stick out, its cute.
 
glad to know the Filamented is out more. :)

Thanks. I spent some times downstairs last night on purpose to watch him, and he was out the entire time. Like you said, maybe he's still just getting used to the tank and his surroundings.
 
Anyone looking to get a wrasse should consider a Mystery wrasse amazing fish with stunning color and good temperment too!

I've heard that they can get aggressive with fairy and flasher wrasses. Thud look really cool, but Im personally going yo risk putting one in my tank and beating up my $300 fishes :)
 
They are a beautiful fish. But disagree with you on the temperment. Everyone i've seen has been an absolute terror. If you do get one, add it last to your tank.
 
Awesome wrasses! I almost broke down and bought al the stuff I need for a clear mess top. I still think I might.

You can get the stuff from Lowes for next to nothing and get the netting from BRS for about $10.I built mine from clear acrylic bar, so it kept with my rimless look. I was very happy with the way it turned out.

They are a beautiful fish. But disagree with you on the temperment. Everyone i've seen has been an absolute terror. If you do get one, add it last to your tank.

Hmm...I haven't heard of this before, but I haven't really chatted with a lot of people with them. I've only seen my kinda chase away a green chromis away from there little cave, but thats it. I can come close to catching these guys by hand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new