My tank-nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started this hobby 3 years ago. Randomly walking into aquarium store in Orlando during early day off. Started off with a 28g JBJ nanocube pro, few rock and fish and I was very happy. At the time I was all about fish and nothing else. As you can see early on the tank was very bared.

IMG_0035.JPG

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started with a rock flower anemone that is still in my tank and added some zoas, that started my whole obsession with corals. The JBJ led was good but didn't have the par to grow sps and ops so I stayed away for about 1.5 years. But the led burned out on the JBJ and I upgraded to ecotech radion gen 2 pro.

image.jpg

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first piece of acro came from Tony Vargas of Tony's vault...I was visiting ft Lauderdale and Tony was at the store. Walked in on my birthday and Tony gave me a buy green acro. I wasn't sure if it will surives but it did for about 6 month before my anemone moved and killed it. But that gave me hope that my tank will grow sps and lps.

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some good and some bad time with sps. Things grows and did well for awhile. I put some money up for a wd and orange passion. They grow to the point where I could frag, but a bad salinity swing while I was on vacation killed all my sps. Lesson learned. Next purchase was a tunze ATO

image.jpg

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once things are more stable, I started adding piceces, some acro, some monti, and it grow and grow till I have no room in the 28g so I decided to upgrade to 105g

image.jpg

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 105 g tank was great but for some reason I just can't grow acro in there, so I keep some zoas in the 105 but most of the high end stuff in the 28. Most people question my sanity for keeping expensive coral in the 28, since more water usually are more stable. I do everything the same but 28 just better at growing things.

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will keep updating how things are progressing in both tank, without any more delay, here are some pictures of corals in my tanks...

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update- trying something new, I been thinking what I can do to make my tank a little more stable. I decided to feed my coral in a plastic container every other day for my mushroom, chalice, and scoly. I use to target feed them, but food still get away and waste is produced in tank. I now use the container, transfer coral into cup...and put food into container and use a syringe to circulate the water. This way, fish won't brother the coral while I feed and most of the left over food is in the container. After feeding I pour the water down the drain and put that amount of fresh saltwater back in the tank, the way I see it...I am putting less food in the system and I am doing small water change every other day along with my bi-weekly water change.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

OP
OP
nwkermit

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s way late but here is the latest pics from my tank things are much bigger now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back