My the T5 be with you!

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like this ban on T5s is coming into play at the end of the month in Europe. It remains to be seen if Reefing Tubes will still be available long-term.

It inspired me to make this Star Wars-themed video. I have to much time on my hands lol

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like this ban on T5s is coming into play at the end of the month in Europe. It remains to be seen if Reefing Tubes will still be available long-term.

It inspired me to make this Star Wars-themed video. I have to much time on my hands lol

I was expecting the actual movie after that... LOL!
Thanks for showing your science fiction talent.
I think your "part II" could be clled the "RETURN OF THE METAL HALIDES AND T5s" ? LOL!
Dark side (LEDs) against the FORCE (metal halides/T5)!!! LOL! That's right!

Seriously... T5s made for aquariums and horticulture, or any other specialized application, will not be banned, as the companies like Giesemann and ATI say.

People have been saying that T5s are going to be banned and this and that for more than a decade. In August 2023 a new fixture, by demand, was made and there is a probability for T5s and metal halides to get back in the market, again by the demand, that grows every day.

It's a wish that the LED companies dream every day.
Metal halides, also mentioned in your video, and T5s are still in the top of the actual quality of light in the market for aquariums, offering the very best to any system.

Nice try! LOL!

May the FORCE be with us.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back