• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

My Vendor Review: Unique Corals

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to start doing vendor reviews. We all know how expensive this hobby is, and while it costs money to grow/sell corals or run a store for dry goods/supplies, I don't think it's beyond reason to expect a level of transparency for vendors. There are things a vendor cannot help, acts of god, stupidity of shipping company, neglect from buyer leading to damage or death of item purchased.
Most of my reviews will be specifically about livestock, because that is where it is mostly the burden of the seller to represent an item as best to their ability and show that item to the best of their ability.

The following is based on my opinion and experience as a third time buyer with this vendor.
I may elect to use photos from their site, my photos from my tank, and screenshots from personal email when inquiry about product representation was made depending on my experience.
Quite often, the lower the vendor score, the more evidence I may post to prove why I gave that score.

My scoring system goes as follows
5* Excellent--Exceeded expectations.
4* Good--Seller did to the best of their ability.
3* Okay--Seller made a valiant attempt.
2* Poor--As a buyer very disappointed with seller's sales practices.
1* Cheated--I feel as if there was no effort made for clear and precise representation and or customer service.

Buy from again ranking:
Yes
Maybe--depends on overall experience such as seller's response to issues.
No

Finally, total amount of losses from purchase: US $$$

Added: I want to make this clear I am not doing any of these reviews to force any vendor to right what I feel like was a wrong. And I will NOT change my overall review if an offer to do so is made or done. I might change whether or not I will buy from again to a *maybe*, but that is the only thing that will be altered with each review experience.

Unique corals review.jpg

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to start doing vendor reviews. We all know how expensive this hobby is, and while it costs money to grow/sell corals or run a store for dry goods/supplies, I don't think it's beyond reason to expect a level of transparency for vendors. There are things a vendor cannot help, acts of god, stupidity of shipping company, neglect from buyer leading to damage or death of item purchased.
Most of my reviews will be specifically about livestock, because that is where it is mostly the burden of the seller to represent an item as best to their ability and show that item to the best of their ability.

The following is based on my opinion and experience as a third time buyer with this vendor.
I may elect to use photos from their site, my photos from my tank, and screenshots from personal email when inquiry about product representation was made depending on my experience.
Quite often, the lower the vendor score, the more evidence I may post to prove why I gave that score.

My scoring system goes as follows
5* Excellent--Exceeded expectations.
4* Good--Seller did to the best of their ability.
3* Okay--Seller made a valiant attempt.
2* Poor--As a buyer very disappointed with seller's sales practices.
1* Cheated--I feel as if there was no effort made for clear and precise representation and or customer service.

Buy from again ranking:
Yes
Maybe--depends on overall experience such as seller's response to issues.
No

Finally, total amount of losses from purchase: US $$$

Added: I want to make this clear I am not doing any of these reviews to force any vendor to right what I feel like was a wrong. And I will NOT change my overall review if an offer to do so is made or done. I might change whether or not I will buy from again to a *maybe*, but that is the only thing that will be altered with each review experience.

Unique corals review.jpg
This is great thanks!. Wish there was a aggregation of these scores so could see scores easily instead of having to go through entire threads to get idea of reviews

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I concur with the review of UniqueCorals. I have one face to face purchase experience at Reefapollooza and one online this week. Both 5*. Free shipping on $150 and no box charge ( I dont think) helps a lot also. But that's icing on the cake.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back