My Waterbox 130.4 build thread

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've been in the hobby for a few years now (currently have an IM Fusion 10) but recently decided to build a much larger tank.

As the title would suggest, I went with a Waterbox 130.4. As you can see from the pictures below, I've just begun to cycle. For gear, I went with:

Return pump: Ecotech Vectra M1
Additional flow: 2x Echotech MP40wQD
Heater: Jaeger 300w (might need to rethink this, doesn't quite fit in the sump)
Skimmer: TBD, likely going with a Deltec 1000
Lights: 2x AI Hydra 52HD
ATO: Tunze Osmolator 3155
Rock: BRS Reef saver dry rock
Sand: Aragonite Special Grade dry sand

Going to be heavily SPS stocked tank. Likely going to go with some sort of medium sized tang, clown pair (maybe? I hear they can be jerks / bitey), some anthias, maybe a goby or blenny. I'd love feedback on suggested stocking plans.

Lights on, no water:
IMG_5531.JPG

We have water!
IMG_5535.JPG

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've been in the hobby for a few years now (currently have an IM Fusion 10) but recently decided to build a much larger tank.

As the title would suggest, I went with a Waterbox 130.4. As you can see from the pictures below, I've just begun to cycle. For gear, I went with:

Return pump: Ecotech Vectra M1
Additional flow: 2x Echotech MP40wQD
Heater: Jaeger 300w (might need to rethink this, doesn't quite fit in the sump)
Skimmer: TBD, likely going with a Deltec 1000
Lights: 2x AI Hydra 52HD
ATO: Tunze Osmolator 3155
Rock: BRS Reef saver dry rock
Sand: Aragonite Special Grade dry sand

Going to be heavily SPS stocked tank. Likely going to go with some sort of medium sized tang, clown pair (maybe? I hear they can be jerks / bitey), some anthias, maybe a goby or blenny. I'd love feedback on suggested stocking plans.

Lights on, no water:
IMG_5531.JPG

We have water!
IMG_5535.JPG
Beautiful Tank!

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you, how much space does the AI rear mounting screws stick out from the back of the tank?

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay perfect. From their YouTube video, it looked like 2-3". I don't want the tank too far away from the way. Also, did you have any quality issues with the quality of the tank and/stand?

OP
OP
M

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay perfect. From their YouTube video, it looked like 2-3". I don't want the tank too far away from the way. Also, did you have any quality issues with the quality of the tank and/stand?
No issues with the quality at all! This is one amazing tank. Love everything about it.

OP
OP
M

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been way too long since my last update!

I found out the hard way that moving slow and having proper QT is the only way to acclimate fish. I lost some really beautiful fish because of my own stupidity, but the rest of the tank is looking great. I'm being a bit too cocky adding the acros at this time, but I can't help myself. They are growing nicely and starting to encrust the plugs.

Just a few pics. I haven't picked out a skimmer yet, but with the light bioload I'm still fine. Phosphates reading less than 0.05 today, nitrates under 0.5.

Full Tank.JPG Left hill.JPG
Middle hill.JPG Right hillr.JPG

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know which dosing oump you go with. Was thinking of getting the Red Sea dosing pumps when they come out but who knows when that will happen.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back