My Waterbox 130.4 build thread

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was your final parts and stock list? I just got my 45 up and running but getting back into it is having me itch for a waterbox 130 like this. I’m also a CPA (audit, not a tax guy).

Mitch Summerford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this build and thanks for giving those par numbers I am getting the same setup so saves me a lot. My tank is on the way and I wanted to get a clearview lid which it looks like you have as well. Would you be able to tell me how many inches from the left and right your light mounts are in the back? I want to get it ordered since it takes so long. Keep with the updates on your tank, I'm curious!

OP
OP
M

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back. I sort of "gave up" on this hobby for a bit: I was losing coral left and right, lost control of the parameters, and just felt defeated. I'm all in again. Nutrients and pests are under control and I bought some new coral. I will be posting pictures later this week!

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious have you ever done an icp test on your waterbox? I am using all the regular plumbing and I got tin pritty high in my tank- ticks some sps off and
Maybe it was your problem too. Sps can live and be happy for a month or two then decline.

OP
OP
M

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply, man!

I did an ICP test awhile ago (during the time when I losing coral left and right) and everything came back normal (except for high nitrates and phosphates). No outliers with respect to hard minerals or anything. I stay on top of RO/DI filter changes, calibrate my temp probe regularly, and use an Apex to control temperature.

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I’m just making sure my situation hasn’t happened already with other wb owners.

OP
OP
M

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh... still having coral death problems. Just ordered an ATI test and I'm going to get to the root of this. So frustrating that I can't even keep LPS alive :(

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back