My yellow watchmen is dead.

  • Thread starter Thread starter xnaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xnaz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2021
Messages
495
Reaction score
245
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a yellow watchmen yersterday with a pistol shrimp and when I came back from work it was dead. Can anyone tell me why?

41154AC4-5D66-4528-8607-7D422787FAF9.jpeg E892F143-A574-45C8-9439-D104C86C88D0.jpeg 82BE223D-D57D-482D-8AC8-D6B866045348.jpeg B4A58AA4-99A5-4103-87A0-90E7F3510C24.jpeg
 
I'm sure more knowledgeable members will chime in but my question to you is... did you acclimate the pair and if so how? This means you knew the parameters of the tank they came from and drip acclimated them to you tank's parameters. Also, were you able to see them in their tank at the store to see if they looked healthy?
 
@xnaz I’m really sorry to hear and see this. The goby looks really thin — it could be the pictures. How was it doing at the LFS, and how were the rest of the fish?

I was at a LFS just recently, and in each tank there were healthy looking fish and also several dead fish. I’m really not exaggerating it was really sad and also made me angry. I turned around and walked right out. I figured if they couldn’t maintain their tanks enough to take out the dead fish then they really didn’t care about the fish that were living.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new