MyGHL - unusable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been unusable for over a week.

Log in - if it connects, you get to perform 1 action before it stops communicating.

Change dosing program on 1 doser head - congrats, you get to disconnect and spend the next 3 minutes trying to get reconnected again before you can update the next dosing pump.

Doesn't matter if its an IOS device, android device, PC over the web, iPhone via web connecting directly to the IP address, Laptop connecting directly to the IP address of the P4.

Not matter what I do - i have to completely kill the entire connection every time I perform 1 action.

Anyone else having any issues?

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not having the issue you have described and I haven't seen any noticeable number of people saying that they have your issue, so I'd guess it's an internal network issue on your side or perhaps your internet connection is having issues with more use than usual. I'm assuming you've rebooted your router.

OP
OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today - my network is slow - on the internet I'm pulling down 270 Mbps with upload of over 150 Mbps. Those are sustained speeds of a 4.5 GB file.

I'm able to consistently pull data down at well over DS3 speeds from a cloud data center in Frankfurt Germany today - I'm in the Southeast US.

Same experience on 2 disparate network egress points - this is not an isolated internal issue.

What wifi firmware version are your devices on? Platform? Device?

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are also having issues with the web interface (direct IP), then I would think it's a local issue since that does not go through anything external. That local issue could be your network or the P4 itself.

OP
OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are also having issues with the web interface (direct IP), then I would think it's a local issue since that does not go through anything external. That local issue could be your network or the P4 itself.

You are assuming that GHL is not forcing your browser to talk to their servers even when you are connected locally - the below screen shots prove that theory wrong.

When you are connected to local controller via a browser - it's all still talking to the MyGHL servers - I can't confirm where they are located but I do know that my connection endpoint into cloudflare is currently Canada based on the IP address. After cloudflare I can't currently tell you where it's going but I assure you it's not staying inside my internal network.

Notice below - address bar is the IP address of my P4e - and you can see my browser taking in plenty of data from MyGHL.com.

Also - below the second screenshot will show you that my browser is waiting almost 2 seconds every time it pulls from the MyGHL server. This happens over and over as everything refreshes. It's not waiting exactly 2 seconds - it varies each time - which tells me it's not some intentional rate limiting feature in the app/web interface.

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 6.37.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 6.41.59 AM.png

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting

I'm guessing it has to connect for at least the logbook and maybe the sensor graph data. But I would think controller changes would be communicated directly to the controller not through the GHL servers.

Curious, what happens if you don't have a connection to the outside world and connect via the webserver. Does the webserver still function?

Do you have issues if connecting to the P4 via the Wi-Fi hotspot?

I haven't noticed any problems when connected via webserver or the app, but I haven't really been making any device changes. I have an Android and my PC is Windows 10 using Edge browser.

One issue I do have is I cannot connect to my P4 via GCC, every other method works. I'm going to power cycle it to see if that fixes the problem. I have a Wi-Fi Mini and LX7, I can connect to both of those via GCC.

OP
OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are available - as I recall the profilux will only attach to the 2.4 Ghz stuff - and I would expect to see resets / packets out of order / bad ACKs etc from the profilux when doing pcaps.

Instead - I only see those things from MyGHL.

OP
OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting

I'm guessing it has to connect for at least the logbook and maybe the sensor graph data. But I would think controller changes would be communicated directly to the controller not through the GHL servers.

Curious, what happens if you don't have a connection to the outside world and connect via the webserver. Does the webserver still function?

Do you have issues if connecting to the P4 via the Wi-Fi hotspot?

I haven't noticed any problems when connected via webserver or the app, but I haven't really been making any device changes. I have an Android and my PC is Windows 10 using Edge browser.

One issue I do have is I cannot connect to my P4 via GCC, every other method works. I'm going to power cycle it to see if that fixes the problem. I have a Wi-Fi Mini and LX7, I can connect to both of those via GCC.

I explicitly inquired about where the data is stored prior to purchasing any GHL equipment and I was assured by GHL that the data is on the device.

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are available - as I recall the profilux will only attach to the 2.4 Ghz stuff - and I would expect to see resets / packets out of order / bad ACKs etc from the profilux when doing pcaps.

Instead - I only see those things from MyGHL.
I have a netgear Orbi. I can't really split out the 2 networks. It wasn't until I bought a seperate access point for 2.4 only that my issues stopped.

OP
OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a netgear Orbi. I can't really split out the 2 networks. It wasn't until I bought a seperate access point for 2.4 only that my issues stopped.

Thank You for that info

I can present a stand alone network with only 2.4 Ghz and see what happens.

We're your problems similar to mine? at times constant disconnects, very slow to load at times etc ?

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 84 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back