Mystery fish

Definitely a triple tail! We fish for them offshore and they will camouflage themselves to their surroundings. Always found near floating structure. Sometimes you can't even see them in the seaweed until they move. You will also see them on their sides a lot, which is completely normal. They love shrimp! Good Luck!
 
Yes he's a great fish though.. My kids enjoy him because he will follow your figure around the hole tank
 
Yes I love reef2reef. Always promoting the site to all my aquatic friends and clients
 
I would say mine right now is about the size of my hand...very fiesty to.
 
I collected two years ago. They were the size of mangrove leaves. They look exactly like the leaves also. I ended up releasing them when They got about hand size. Very cool fish. Someone would say your fish is floating on it's side must be a goner. Oh Ya? I say, Watch this. In goes a piece of shrimp & they came to life !
 
One of the best fish to eat. They are delicious. We find them floating with debris offshore when we are fishing for Dolphin. (Mahi) They get big. Certain times of the year they move inshore and we see them floating around the channel markers. Great fishing on light tackle.
 
One of the best fish to eat. They are delicious. We find them floating with debris offshore when we are fishing for Dolphin. (Mahi) They get big. Certain times of the year they move inshore and we see them floating around the channel markers. Great fishing on light tackle.

That is a triple tail very good eating.

++ Thanks for that. I was reading through this thread and when I saw that grouper could get so large the first thing that came to mind was: Can I eat it, and how does it taste?

Cool find!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new