Mystery item .

rick thompson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what the substance is that is growing on my rock?

IMG_6582.jpeg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

#WelcometoR2R

I can't make much out from that picture, maybe post some pics with your white light on and the blues off?
 
Maybe some kind of sponge? I have seen some people get sponges that look like this, but this one seems to be photosynthetic.
 
Sorry, I took as much blue out as I could. It still looks blue for some reason but it’s a lot better. It’s about 4“ x 4“ it’s been in the tank for quite a while. I hadn’t paid much attention to it though and now that it’s getting bigger a little concerned it seems to be about an eighth of an inch thick, and it’s not hard. It’s probably similar to leather or rubber.

IMG_6583.jpeg
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new