Mystery Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus ocellatus) Question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Quah
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Quah

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2015
Messages
768
Reaction score
551
Location
Montana
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is the Mystery Wrasse as aggressive as the Six-Line? I should probably know this but do Pseudocheilinus sleep in the sand (I'm thinking they dont)?
 
I have a mystery that is a model citizen, but I hear they can turn on a dime. My mystery sleeps in the rocks.
 
They can be comparably aggressive as a sixline.

Pseudocheilinus species do not sleep in the sand.
 
Have one bullies smaller fish and ate my cleaner shrimp no more shrimp till he's gone
 
Thanks for the info it'll be very helpful in making a decision on this fish. I do have some larger tangs but I also have some more passive fish.
 
I've had a couple over the years and they are hit and miss. They are on the aggressive side. The last one I bought was nice while small but then turned into a terror. It eat the dorsal fins off my Blue Line flasher and chased my other fairy wrasses. If your setting up a fish only you would be ok. I'll never take the chance again! Major pain to remove from reef tank:mad: JME
 
Mine is pretty territorial. Doesn't actually attack his tankmates but always puffing up and trying to warn them to move. Mine has created a little cave in the sand where he sleeps
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new