Mystic Monti Issue

Pat613

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2019
Messages
59
Reaction score
32
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this 6 days ago, wondering what's up. I'm new to SPS.

IMG_0642.jpg

Alk 6.8-7.2
Ca 400-420
Mg 1300-1320
No3 9
PO4 0.03
pH 8
Salinity 1.024
Par 150 (G6 Radion xr15 80% AB+)
IM 20G Tank

Checked for Nudis 3h after lights out, didn't see anything. Any help is appreciated.
 
Numbers look okay.
Alk could use a little more and Mg.
SG I would go to 1.025/1.026
Will they be the difference, idk.
Par needs a bump, or higher up the rock.
How is the flow? They love flow!

Edit, how did you acclimate?
 
Numbers look okay.
Alk could use a little more and Mg.
SG I would go to 1.025/1.026
Will they be the difference, idk.
Par needs a bump, or higher up the rock.
How is the flow? They love flow!

Edit, how did you acclimate?
Flow is 2 MP10's running tidal swell at 50%, which I figure is loads in a 20G. I can crank the light to 100% over a week or two. I planned on getting the alk to 8, so I can start that climb today. Overdosing 5-10ml of kalk/day until it gets there.

Temp, then dripped, then dipped, then rinsed.
 
Flow is 2 MP10's running tidal swell at 50%, which I figure is loads in a 20G. I can crank the light to 100% over a week or two. I planned on getting the alk to 8, so I can start that climb today. Overdosing 5-10ml of kalk/day until it gets there.

Temp, then dripped, then dipped, then rinsed.
My acclimation process for the last few years has been temp, dip in a coral care type stuff, in the tank. No more dripping, to stressful and have had 0 losses.

What do you mean "rinsed"?

Just keep perfect water and try getting more par to it. See how it goes.
 
My acclimation process for the last few years has been temp, dip in a coral care type stuff, in the tank. No more dripping, to stressful and have had 0 losses.

What do you mean "rinsed"?

Just keep perfect water and try getting more par to it. See how it goes.
Just 5 min in 500ml of tankwater to remove some dip.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new