N-Doc Test Help battling Cyano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning to start dosing Cya-no to take care of a cyano issue. Just sent a new ICP test and should receive the results today. Two questions
1. Wondering if I should base the calculated dosage of Cya-no off the most recent ndoc a month ago, and this very recent ICP?
2. Wondering based on the Help if I should not even dose to begin with bc one of the suggestions tell me to avoid "miracle cure's"?
I have attached my results for reference. I only have red sea nitrate that reads zero, so this won't help.

Also, the I listed out the suggested help from triton and what I was able to do:
Done - current dhk - 8.09, previous <7
- If you are using TRITON Core7 please increase your dosage by 10%

running tank between 78-79
- If possible, reduce the temperature of your aquarium to 24 (75) degrees.

Not dosing any type of carbon, unless actual carbon is a source?
- If you use vodka, acetic acid or other carbon sources:
1. Reduce the dosage
2. Find out about the type of carbon source
3. Try to better adjust the dose to prevent adverse effects.

This is the one I wonder if I should even start to dose cya-no?
This is stating not to do anything drastic, but I really don't want to allow the cyano to get out of hand any further than it is
- Because you have a problem with Cyanobacteria in your aquarium we do not recommend that you use BioBase or any individual trace element adjusts.

Some other information from N-doc test
Total Nitrogen (N) - 0.51mg/L:
N/NO3 calculated - 2.25
P - 9.275
dkh - 8.09

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• ndoc.pdf
    115.7 KB · Views: 117
OP
OP
ChadmRoman

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened?
took it offline and working with Julian through email. I will say, triton has been very helpful through this journey.

Latest update:
Dosed for 21 days, nitrates went from 1-2 to 20, phosphates went from .01 to .12. over the 21 days, I syphoned the cyano on a regular basis, but it continued to come back growing to new spots over this time. I finally syphoned out all I could see on day 19 then went lights out (AI Acclimation for one week starting at 100%) for the last three days of dosing.
Now, two small spots remain where I syphon out when needed, and Julian recommended I stop dosing and send in another round of n-doc samples. This is where we are at the moment, just got results last week.

During all this, I think the fuge crashed. Macro Algae stopped growing, and now seeing more die off of what remains. Thinking this is where my problem lies. Since the macro wasn't growing, there was no exporting nutrients, and nothing was outcompeting the cyano for nutrients.

Back