Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These will be up for grabs next week. They are getting cut up again tomorrow.. PM me

20180912_171318.jpg

20190619_231103.jpg

Sweet.. PM sent, thanks!

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs has a piece, around 20 heads, they want $100 ish for it, good or bad price?

That sounds like a great price from what I have seen for sale here in the states.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs has a piece, around 20 heads, they want $100 ish for it, good or bad price?

20 heads for a 100? Cant be a fathead dendro... maybe a sun coral. They go $35- 50 for a mature head. 20 head colony of fathead dendro is $500 at least.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave you alone for 5 minutes, ... ! ;)
My internet was down most of yesterday!

My computer played up and now won't recognise the images on my memory card.

I cleaned the skimmer cup and connected an air line to outside.
... whilst re positioning the cup I knocked the drains from the cube and dislodged a bulk head, water sprayed over half of my electrics!
The tank is running the M1 for the display, RW 4 in the cube, back up heater, the controlled one fried.

I think I have spares for the dead cube return and the tunze power head in the cube.
There was a lot of smoke, I will pick some fuses up and see what is actually dead!

Ho hum!

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you caught it! Please update and let us know.

I had to switch the M1 off to drain the weir sections, it was off for 2 hours but I ran the RW8 in the display, new bulkhead fitted, no leaks! ;)
Next to replace the Eheim return for the cube end.
Pics are being taken, I will worry about the pc issues later. :)

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave you alone for 5 minutes, ... ! ;)
My internet was down most of yesterday!

My computer played up and now won't recognise the images on my memory card.

I cleaned the skimmer cup and connected an air line to outside.
... whilst re positioning the cup I knocked the drains from the cube and dislodged a bulk head, water sprayed over half of my electrics!
The tank is running the M1 for the display, RW 4 in the cube, back up heater, the controlled one fried.

I think I have spares for the dead cube return and the tunze power head in the cube.
There was a lot of smoke, I will pick some fuses up and see what is actually dead!

Ho hum!

Hope everything is ok.. you certainly are having a run of bad luck these days :( If it makes you feel any better I serviced my overflow and return on my fuge last week, I pulled the return line during the process and let it just fall to the floor. When I finished I turned everything back on and noticed the water level wasn’t rising in the refugium, I stood there and watched for a couple minutes then realized I never hooked the return line back up :mad: I had pumped probably 5 gallons of water on my floor ;Facepalm

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had to switch the M1 off to drain the weir sections, it was off for 2 hours but I ran the RW8 in the display, new bulkhead fitted, no leaks! ;)
Next to replace the Eheim return for the cube end.
Pics are being taken, I will worry about the pc issues later. :)
Do you have a spare return pump?

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everything is ok.. you certainly are having a run of bad luck these days :( If it makes you feel any better I serviced my overflow and return on my fuge last week, I pulled the return line during the process and let it just fall to the floor. When I finished I turned everything back on and noticed the water level wasn’t rising in the refugium, I stood there and watched for a couple minutes then realized I never hooked the return line back up :mad: I had pumped probably 5 gallons of water on my floor ;Facepalm

Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 109 44.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 117 47.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 8.9%
Back