OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I've started doing recently is growing out more than one colony of my gorgs in the tank. Kind of like backups, but the tank looks more natural. Kinda like the gorgs settled there en masse. For the gorgs I reattach to the rock work, I just try to find a hole and stick the stem in. If no holes, I just super glue to the rock work.

Wow Simon, that is quite a tank adventure. Sorry to hear. Glad you had some stuff as backups.

:(Ow Simon what the puck! Thats a heavy hit sorry to hear

So narrow down exactly what you need to replace.

Some bad mojo going around ;Facepalm

Sorry Simon, sending good mojo your way ! ! !

Dang

Hang in there Simon!!

Sheeeeeeeesh.

I'll smash Murphy with a 2 by 4.

Thanks all I do feel like I am not alone. :)

So, both weir boxes gurgling like crazy, trip to the lfs in a bit and then we will sort that out, it is just the cube now because I just remembered, as I was typing that I turned the M1 flat out, now lowered 2 points, it will take a while for it to balance as the tank level slowly drops! Duuuhh! ;)
I might re do the plumbing with 45s instead of 90s and get decent gate valves, I can change the other bulk heads to be on the safe side. :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I've started doing recently is growing out more than one colony of my gorgs in the tank. Kind of like backups, but the tank looks more natural. Kinda like the gorgs settled there en masse. For the gorgs I reattach to the rock work, I just try to find a hole and stick the stem in. If no holes, I just super glue to the rock work.

Wow Simon, that is quite a tank adventure. Sorry to hear. Glad you had some stuff as backups.

:(Ow Simon what the puck! Thats a heavy hit sorry to hear

So narrow down exactly what you need to replace.

Some bad mojo going around ;Facepalm

Sorry Simon, sending good mojo your way ! ! !

Dang

Hang in there Simon!!

Sheeeeeeeesh.

I'll smash Murphy with a 2 by 4.

Thanks all I do feel like I am not alone. :)

So, both weir boxes gurgling like crazy, trip to the lfs in a bit and then we will sort that out, it is just the cube now because I just remembered, as I was typing that I turned the M1 flat out, now lowered 2 points, it will take a while for it to balance as the tank level slowly drops! Duuuhh! ;)
I might re do the plumbing with 45s instead of 90s and get decent gate valves, I can change the other bulk heads to be on the safe side. :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gurgling is less now just makes me want to wee wee all the time!
Skimmer is being a complete ******, working on that.
The cube light is fine, dropped a cable on the power bar and switched it off! :p

I bought a dinky conch for the S tank, there is a normal size one in there, this one was climbing! ;)
I gave them a fully healed mauve with gold polyp gorg frag, about 3 inch, they gave me the remains of another rescue!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you're taking the bad luck well! That's honestly the most important thing, lets you think clearly and fix instead of just getting bummed out

Too old to change hobbies now lol! ;)
I put a coral banded shrimp into the display a month or so back, just saw it again since about day 2 in, it has moved into the cube end with the cleaner shrimp, I never see either in the display!
New gorg looks fluffy in patches, early days. :)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what I have on while I work on the tank. Hint...
1504C057-9E0C-41A2-A584-1354275D4E6A.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too old to change hobbies now lol! ;)
I put a coral banded shrimp into the display a month or so back, just saw it again since about day 2 in, it has moved into the cube end with the cleaner shrimp, I never see either in the display!
New gorg looks fluffy in patches, early days. :)

Just wanted to say congrats on acting fast, and being prepared for Murphy. You handled it well. Glad its settled for u a bit.

Funny that u put ur cb shrimp back in the display, I just sent mine to be the Warden in the fuge. He is even Saluting his enemies above.

"Yarrr.. so long, scallywags!"
20190709_113254.jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say congrats on acting fast, and being prepared for Murphy. You handled it well. Glad its settled for u a bit.

Funny that u put ur cb shrimp back in the display, I just sent mine to be the Warden in the fuge. He is even Saluting his enemies above.

"Yarrr.. so long, scallywags!"
20190709_113254.jpg

That needs a blenny! ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm taking a break from fish. I've lost too many.

I did this a few years ago, it gives you a whole new perspective on fish stocking, I love my useful fish, my only pet fish is my dwarf fuzzy lion fish, hand fed maybe once a day or so, I went 6 months fish free I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 97 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back