OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from the front, my desk chair is about 4 feet from the coral.
I was looking at this from my chair and couldn't figure out why it looked different!
Old damage and that tip always has algae on it so looks fluffy, something must have cleaned it I thought.
... is in the process of cleaning it! ;)

DSC_0828 (1024x709).jpg

If the echinata ever colours back up it is very pretty! ;)

DSC_0825 (1024x718).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuff, really annoyed at the cherub again, it is past it's last warning, I am currently trying to isolate it in the cube.
My flasher wrasse has been hiding for over a week now, I saw it for about 20 seconds last evening before the cherub chased it back into the scape.
I'll get a pic in a bit of it's cave, I can see it all the time!

Gotta sleep somewhere right?! ;)

DSC_0871 (1024x683).jpg

This is the one that shed it's flesh, all very strange! :)

DSC_0874 (1024x736).jpg

Fuzz ball monti, we have a new polyp!
You can't see the flesh on most of it, pic in a bit from the desk end, this is right by the cave the wrasse is in. ;)

DSC_0877 (1024x711).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, anyone expecting pretty pics of the convict tang look away, I have been trying for days to get pics.
I guess you can see how stoved in the face is!
Yes I risked my tank for one fish and yes the tank is struggling a bit, because I don't qt I don't have an isolation tank, I will take pics of it's pretty side, my little phantom of the opera! :)

DSC_0892 (1024x725).jpg

DSC_0893 (1024x712).jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, anyone expecting pretty pics of the convict tang look away, I have been trying for days to get pics.
I guess you can see how stoved in the face is!
Yes I risked my tank for one fish and yes the tank is struggling a bit, because I don't qt I don't have an isolation tank, I will take pics of it's pretty side, my little phantom of the opera! :)

DSC_0892 (1024x725).jpg

DSC_0893 (1024x712).jpg

looks like its healing? I don't see any redness in the pictures

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scars and imperfections make us, and them, beautiful!

This is why I wanted a better pic, as you said it's not about the looks, I now know there is a hole.
That gill cover is working about half as well as the good one and I am concerned about gill damage, it is compensating and the good side is obviously working harder.
The mouth damage has deformed the shape of the snout, grazing well though.

It is acting like it's pesky self!

DSC_0015 (784x561) (2).jpg

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I wanted a better pic, as you said it's not about the looks, I now know there is a hole.
That gill cover is working about half as well as the good one and I am concerned about gill damage, it is compensating and the good side is obviously working harder.
The mouth damage has deformed the shape of the snout, grazing well though.

It is acting like it's pesky self!

DSC_0015 (784x561) (2).jpg

That poor thing, hopefully the hole will heal over in time.. does look like the infection is completely gone.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That poor thing, hopefully the hole will heal over in time.. does look like the infection is completely gone.

I poured a bottle of antibacterial stuff in, I know right go mr natural, the tank is mostly ok but it was only recovering from the cycle by the fish and a bad test kit, go me!
Because I don't qt I don't have a running backup in place, soon to be rectified, I was never going to let a fish in my care suffer and die so I guess I risked the tank?!
It's my little phantom of the opera fish, as long as it is healthy I'm happy. :)

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I poured a bottle of antibacterial stuff in, I know right go mr natural, the tank is mostly ok but it was only recovering from the cycle by the fish and a bad test kit, go me!
Because I don't qt I don't have a running backup in place, soon to be rectified, I was never going to let a fish in my care suffer and die so I guess I risked the tank?!
It's my little phantom of the opera fish, as long as it is healthy I'm happy. :)

Yes I cringed when you treated your display.. lol, seems it was effective and fairly gentle on your tank, nicely done :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I cringed when you treated your display.. lol, seems it was effective and fairly gentle on your tank, nicely done :)

There were a few discussions had, a bottle treats 440 litres water volume, I am about 550 water, the tank has looked better but the little fish seems ok! :)

DSC_0027 (1024x644).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 90 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 69 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 30 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back