OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the 80's I brought home a cute little 4" juvenile Remora from the LFS. I had never seen one before or even since in the trade. He was right at home in my 200. He mostly hung around with his head stuck to the inside of the tank, until I walked by. He always thought he was going to be fed and wanted to get first dibs on whatever went in at feeding time. He eventually got to about 12" and ate out of my hand. He would follow me from one end of the 200 to the other.

I didn't even need food to attract him. If I didn't have food, he would gnaw on my index finger, sucking it into his mouth up to the second joint! Thank goodness he had no teeth! :) Unfortunately, while I was making some changes in the tank and had the fish in other tanks, he was the victim of a heater that ran amock. One of the more personable fish I ever had.

Shame you lost it, I used to hand feed my dwarf fuzzy and it would even take spirulina flake! :)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shame you lost it, I used to hand feed my dwarf fuzzy and it would even take spirulina flake! :)
Yeah, I was mad at myself that I lost it like I did. It followed me like a dog, back and forth the length of the 7' tank. He only had large tank mates. He would have gulped down most medium-sized fish. I had to start feeding it whole bait shrimp. :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a 5 inch plus Gem tang in the shop they are looking after, been in there for a few years, a mate of mine owns it, he moved house and shut down an 8 x 6 x 3 and still hasn't decided what tank he is doing next, I hand feed it when I feed my rescue scopas when I go in, they both get excited when they see me because they know they will be getting macro algae!
The gem is a much daintier feeder than the scopas. :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see the colours of the top one! ;)

DSC_0011 (1024x683).jpg

Sipec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the 80's I brought home a cute little 4" juvenile Remora from the LFS. I had never seen one before or even since in the trade. He was right at home in my 200. He mostly hung around with his head stuck to the inside of the tank, until I walked by. He always thought he was going to be fed and wanted to get first dibs on whatever went in at feeding time. He eventually got to about 12" and ate out of my hand. He would follow me from one end of the 200 to the other.

I didn't even need food to attract him. If I didn't have food, he would gnaw on my index finger, sucking it into his mouth up to the second joint! Thank goodness he had no teeth! :) Unfortunately, while I was making some changes in the tank and had the fish in other tanks, he was the victim of a heater that ran amock. One of the more personable fish I ever had.
Its interesting some of the things that make it into the hobby, always intrigues me
One I'd be interested in finding someday is bubble coral shrimp, found out about those recently and am hooked

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get this going, I am about to re scape the right side of the display, the back from the desk as there is a lot of wasted space!
This is the big arch rock that I set back in place, there are a lot more to the right, that is the surface pulse from an RW 15 by the way, palys, zoas and shrooms maybe, I need to change the powerhead first though and am not sure what to get! :)

DSC_0009 (1024x713).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I'm not saying what this is until I have tried it more but I have been thinking about this for a while, I have been using this as a dip at a much weaker concentration for a while.
I think I know how it works but need to experiment more.
This is happening in the twins because I am perfectly happy with this going into the twins but there is one test kit I need to get!
I am going to try it on the biggest aip in the tank tomorrow and two smaller ones outside the tank.
Not peroxide.

DSC_0003 (1024x683).jpg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Volitan Lion that was 7" in length back in the 90's that I would hand feed goldfish. He would come right up to the top when I was opening the cover and would wait for me to get the fish ready. Was very gentle taking it from me as well.... Miss that guy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back