N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics or it didnt happen!

The palys are on the end of a two foot plus branch rock they got moved aside today to allow the new power head location, time to stir this up a bit! ;)

DSC_0001 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I might have done the start of the re-scape last night after a few adult beverages and stuff! ;)
I have been planning this for ages but couldn't do it until I found the right wave maker, Octo pulse 2!
So far it has been great and is silent set on random, I had to get it in the right spot on the divide so the arch had to come down for a bit hence the palys in the middle.
You can see the pulse where it is aimed.
I can now rebuild working around that pulse and I am still working on the new spraybar which should really stir things up. :)

DSC_0004 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have been staying out of this virus crap because it scares the crap out of me, is your President serious?
You don't need to answer, we have a clown too, I am running out of savings and hate the thought of interacting with people, the world needs to tackle this fs.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the rescape! I love the idea of building off a random flow point.

Thanks, this is how I left it yesterday.

DSC_0004 (1024x693).jpg

I have watched as the lights came up, this is the position of the octopulse 2 on the divide.

DSC_0002 (1024x690).jpg

The rock on the left needs to go back about 5 inches against the divide and corner of the weir box.
I always buy LR for shapes and all I did yesterday really was stand it up, I will lift it up properly later and have a look at it before I place it, it is currently blocking flow, it is really awkward doing this semi blind as I don't view it from the front.
The arch rock is spot on against the divide.
The jumble to the right is just storage, the island rock is the hard piece to place so as to not block flow so once I have the corner piece set I will rotate the large rock about 45 degrees clockwise and get the back edge touching the divide, trying to make it look like it is floating is the tricky bit, more later. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, it turns out that the rock is about a foot long!
I had to move one of the base rocks, the lump in the middle is the top of it, but still can't get it quite right.
What I have managed is to basically block the swim through because the flow is so strong from the pulse 2! ;Facepalm
I have a lot of grumpy fish, the flame angel managed to get into the cube but now she won't come back in because she knows she will get blasted across the tank!

DSC_0004 (1024x656).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I rotated the "Jenga" rock 180 degrees and "pop", very happy with how today has gone, I need to tweak the arch tomorrow and level the island, I will chill with it for the evening and tomorrow morning and then work on the island and the lower sections. :)

DSC_0001 (1024x691).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back