OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny how you track stuff back, my mum was a farmer's daughter, I was born in '62, I grew up around the farm and other farms, I got a good early school education but my life education was priceless!
This was discussed at my uncle's (mum's brother) funeral a couple of years ago, three brothers in rotation got to do the Saturday morning milk round with uncle Chris.
4-30 AM pick up and we were always ready (thanks mum), when we got to the dairy I always got a fresh half pint of milk straight from the milking stainless steel collection vessel from the milking sets that cooled it, fresh milk!
If I ever get unwell I always drink loads of milk! ;)

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Nikon 5600, it has the best pivot screen, my eyesight is rubbish but I can work with the screen, that was with a Tamron 90 macro, I also use a Nikon 40 macro as my general purpose lens and have a Nikon 16 - 35 zoom which is a superb lens but the auto focus doesn't work so that is for coral pics and fts shots.
I need a new camera. all I have are all my old Olympus film cameras. dinosaurs now. can you even buy and get film developed anymore? the one I wish I still had was the Nikonis 3 (again pre-digital days). Had macros for it. completely submersible to 300'/91.4m, like I'd ever hit that depth recreationally diving. :rolleyes:

U

User1

View Badges
Funny how you track stuff back, my mum was a farmer's daughter, I was born in '62, I grew up around the farm and other farms, I got a good early school education but my life education was priceless!
This was discussed at my uncle's (mum's brother) funeral a couple of years ago, three brothers in rotation got to do the Saturday morning milk round with uncle Chris.
4-30 AM pick up and we were always ready (thanks mum), when we got to the dairy I always got a fresh half pint of milk straight from the milking stainless steel collection vessel from the milking sets that cooled it, fresh milk!
If I ever get unwell I always drink loads of milk! ;)

I can't speak for how things worked for you but back in the day when families mattered more in the US and we had a moral compass if a parent was missing extended family came into play. That is how it was for us anyway and in my case that meant my Uncle. Uncles actually. All WWII vets (not sure if it matters but maybe it did, I'm not sure). Anyway when I needed some correction or guidance that my mother couldn't do I would be sent to visit for a couple weeks. Some of the best times of my life as I got to do things I otherwise wouldn't.

They lived in the bay area and had nice property. Vegetable garden, chickens, etc. My morning duties meant I had to collect the fresh eggs. Afternoon was tending the garden and picking things for dinner or canning. Later in the day it was going with him on his runs of getting hay for other peoples animals, his chickens, or helping with his handyman tasks that he helped others with for spending money.

My grandparents lived in Idaho and a Uncle over there had a rather large ranch of about 180 acres or so. Cattle, horses, pigs, cows, etc. As you noted above the chores there consisted of only two things. Cleaning the pig pens daily and milking the cows. I never could figure out which was worse because I couldn't milk the cows for the life of me but probably due to being younger of us I got the cleaning duties of the pig pens. Oh joy.

Have to say never have tasted milk as good as a fresh from a morning session.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a new camera. all I have are all my old Olympus film cameras. dinosaurs now. can you even buy and get film developed anymore? the one I wish I still had was the Nikonis 3 (again pre-digital days). Had macros for it. completely submersible to 300'/91.4m, like I'd ever hit that depth recreationally diving. :rolleyes:

It really is my companion hobby and I am still learning, the camera has only ever left my place to take pics of other tanks. ;)

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really is my companion hobby and I am still learning, the camera has only ever left my place to take pics of other tanks. ;)
used to be my hobby until I took a photog course at college, I dropped midway through, as they wanted me to analyze everything before. ruined it for me. not much time for analyzing from the fourth row of a Who concert trying to catch Pete in mid jump on Won't Get Fooled Again. :cool:

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been a subtle shift in the tang situation, I started to type this and had to stop and watch the display a bit more. ;)
The three brown ones were in the cube first thing, this is pretty much standard now, no issues.
I have had three or all four in the display on and off this morning but generally the baby and rescue stay close to the swim through, they are both getting braver. :)
The only tension is still the yellow and rescue and I'm sure it is a pecking order thing, I don't think the yellow dislikes the rescue but the rescue is bigger and the yellow is number two behind the S scopas in the pecking order.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted to move the duncan for a while, only about 2 inches but it makes more sense to a view. ;)
The engineer goby was busy yesterday and the sand had just got to flesh level so this was just before I moved it, pics later but the engineer is busy this morning.

DSC_0006 (1024x729).jpg

DSC_0009 (1024x747).jpg

Cave goby. :)

DSC_0016 (1024x669).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few things have been moved in the past week, the duncan sort of fished things off.
All from the front.

DSC_0007 (1024x683).jpg

The torch went on to the scape about 3 days ago.

DSC_0008 (1024x740).jpg

Yes I am watching the torch, the pavona frag had been face planted on the sand, not quite the right positon.

DSC_0010 (1024x683).jpg

Blasto moved because well, because, all heads intact, this was the last thing chewed by the file fish that prompted me to catch the fish. ;)

DSC_0011 (1024x681).jpg

Lobo, I can see it improve every day. :)

DSC_0012 (1024x683).jpg

It looks quite nice from the desk end as well, the glass needs cleaning so waiting for the fff to settle for it's afternoon chill! ;)

DSC_0016 (1024x708).jpg

U

User1

View Badges
What color is your Pavona? I have a green or mint green one that one of my fish somehow busted off. It landed on the sand so I moved it. It seems to be doing ok over in the new area. Had a small piece fall into a nook in a rock that is now growing. Interesting to say the least. They have a weird grow pattern and I thought it may be how I have it placed but looking at yours it is somewhat similar.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is your Pavona? I have a green or mint green one that one of my fish somehow busted off. It landed on the sand so I moved it. It seems to be doing ok over in the new area. Had a small piece fall into a nook in a rock that is now growing. Interesting to say the least. They have a weird grow pattern and I thought it may be how I have it placed but looking at yours it is somewhat similar.

Yes like a mint green and purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back