OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wishing you well during the Jubilee. What an impressive and long life for the Queen. It is hard to imagine all the changes she witnessed and the quiet dignity she added to her role.

Thank you, 70 years of service has seen her through seven decades of global changes so far, I love having a figurehead that has just adapted over that time and stayed aware of the mood of the country, re Frank's journal I hate having my buttons pressed on this one.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, 70 years of service has seen her through seven decades of global changes so far, I love having a figurehead that has just adapted over that time and stayed aware of the mood of the country, re Frank's journal I hate having my buttons pressed on this one.
Understand...sometimes in jest we offend the people we care about! Sorry if that happened in that case. That said I know many care for you and would not mean to cause you pain. Frank for sure is supporting you on this.

I have great respect for 70 years of service and not being allowed to directly intervene yet expected to keep all the attention on diplomatic relationships and protocols. Truly, amazing life of leading by example amid all the ups and downs. I personally am in awe of someone living and working that long in service to her country and citizens. Many of our "leaders" could learn much from the Queen. Respect!

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes in jest we offend the people we care about!

This was not jest, a strong gun supporter as far as I know and he disliked me basically saying that guns were the biggest cause of under (X) age deaths in the States after the big school shooting, apparently I can't comment on your gun laws as ..... not going there, not religious as people know but hearing "god bless those young lives lost" from someone that probably owns and carries a firearm but stands in a pulpit jars hard with me, I will try to keep away from Frank's journal so it can carry on, I was the "token" Englishman anyway.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was not jest, a strong gun supporter as far as I know and he disliked me basically saying that guns were the biggest cause of under (X) age deaths in the States after the big school shooting, apparently I can't comment on your gun laws as ..... not going there, not religious as people know but hearing "god bless those young lives lost" from someone that probably owns and carries a firearm but stands in a pulpit jars hard with me, I will try to keep away from Frank's journal so it can carry on, I was the "token" Englishman anyway.
Bummer had no idea.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"token" Englishman anyway.
I prefer Toking Englishman personally..

Fun Smoking GIF by LLIMOO

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have quite a few people snoozed on other forms of social media because I like the person but hate their opinions on some things. I try to just keep things tank / general vague life related here and avoid anything that can be construed as politics In the slightest way.

Just promise me you won't bail on us, I need your daily photos whichever thread you choose to post them in. They always bring a smile to my day.

Token or tokin' - You're part of the reason I keep coming back.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have quite a few people snoozed on other forms of social media because I like the person but hate their opinions on some things. I try to just keep things tank / general vague life related here and avoid anything that can be construed as politics In the slightest way.

Just promise me you won't bail on us, I need your daily photos whichever thread you choose to post them in. They always bring a smile to my day.

Token or tokin' - You're part of the reason I keep coming back.
I have a personal rule that I don't silence people because I disagree with them. I only silence people that take away from my overall enjoyment of that thing, by their actions.

If I expect them to see and respect my opinion on things, especially since they disagree, I should do them the same courtesy of acknowledging your opinion. Hearing your opinion, which may very well reinforce my own in the counterpoint. I don't want to live in an echo chamber. Where only the things I agree with I hear about, and have the opportunity to discuss if I choose. By removing the voices saying things I don't like, I think I'm doing a disservice to my own beliefs because they are never challenged, if that makes any sense.

Signed

-TheTokingCalifornian ')

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a personal rule that I don't silence people because I disagree with them. I only silence people that take away from my overall enjoyment of that thing, by their actions.

If I expect them to see and respect my opinion on things, especially since they disagree, I should do them the same courtesy of acknowledging your opinion. Hearing your opinion, which may very well reinforce my own in the counterpoint. I don't want to live in an echo chamber. Where only the things I agree with I hear about, and have the opportunity to discuss if I choose. By removing the voices saying things I don't like, I think I'm doing a disservice to my own beliefs because they are never challenged, if that makes any sense.

Signed

-TheTokingCalifornian ')
I'm talking FB - I have a few people who just share *the same* political propaganda over and over and over. They are snoozed. I can only look at the same post so many times.

I am on Facebook strictly to share funny memes & photos of skeletor. Not to read about politics. Or to share anything about my own life.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm talking FB - I have a few people who just share *the same* political propaganda over and over and over. They are snoozed. I can only look at the same post so many times.

I am on Facebook strictly to share funny memes & photos of skeletor. Not to read about politics. Or to share anything about my own life.
I don't do the FB, but I've heard it's descended into quite the negative argument space and fun has moved to TikTok???

I'm Lost as usual

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't do the FB, but I've heard it's descended into quite the negative argument space and fun has moved to TikTok???

I'm Lost as usual
Which would mean that the negative argument spaces now run Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter....

This is why I hav hang out here, and a select few Reddit but you won't find me in r/politics Ever.

That place got No chill

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which would mean that the negative argument spaces now run Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter....

This is why I hav hang out here, and a select few Reddit but you won't find me in r/politics Ever.

That place got No chill
Yea I never understood why adults never talked politics till I started losing childhood friends over it

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That place got No chill

r/breadit is my favorite.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey Simon, I havnt heard that for years, but don’t you have any ABBA or anything. You know, Dancing Queen…..feel the need for… yeh baby’

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Simon, I havnt heard that for years, but don’t you have any ABBA or anything. You know, Dancing Queen…..feel the need for… yeh baby’
You mean you have not seen the video of Simon dancing yet ??... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back