OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about what to try next of the coral essentials products, I have done a lot of reading.
I decided to try the Trace B.
Part 2 of my standard additives is Reeflowers All Elements, it covers most of the basics.
(It does not tell me which ones of "trace", I will ask! ;)
The dose for my water volume is 9 drops a day, I just did my first dose, ... 3 drops! :p
I'd rather it built up slowly this time due to not knowing the Elements' contents! :)

DSC_0004 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang on. I can tell ya... Part B is iron (100,000 ppm) zinc,copper,manganese,chromium,cobalt, and nickel.

Lol, I wondered who would pick up on that! :p
I don't do waterchanges except in emergencies, my metals will be low or zero, macro algae uses Iron and maybe some others, I guess we wait and see! ;)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put 2 emeralds in myself. Taking a chance last emerald I had I caught giving my Duncan a hair cut and munching on split ends. Havent had one since.

Nice new addition. Come take pics of my tank for me plz. Hehe

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great coral, Najer.
Love it

Thanks, it is one of my better attempts! ;)
I actually just looked at it again and it perfectly sums up what my tank is currently like, my corals, all corals, just look healthier.
I'm still annoyed about the temperature spike at the start of the summer, I will have a heater / chiller by next spring.
New guy on morning 1, I'm quietly excited about it! :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put 2 emeralds in myself. Taking a chance last emerald I had I caught giving my Duncan a hair cut and munching on split ends. Havent had one since.

Nice new addition. Come take pics of my tank for me plz. Hehe

Thanks, I love emerald / mithrax, this is the first one since I lost the puffer, I will get a few more as long as this one settles well. :)

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it is one of my better attempts! ;)
I actually just looked at it again and it perfectly sums up what my tank is currently like, my corals, all corals, just look healthier.
I'm still annoyed about the temperature spike at the start of the summer, I will have a heater / chiller by next spring.
New guy on morning 1, I'm quietly excited about it! :)

I agree. Everything you have been showing us looks extremely healthy! Thanks for the eye candy, and I'm glad you're happy with your new frag. Looks pretty sweet.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Everything you have been showing us looks extremely healthy! Thanks for the eye candy, and I'm glad you're happy with your new frag. Looks pretty sweet.
Thanks. :)

An apology to @Katrina71 who asked about the black sponge a while back, once things go in the cube end I tend to forget about them! ;)
I saw it yesterday so I just moved it into the display and put it next to the blue one.
(I passed it through the swim through hole, it didn't see air.)
It has already grown over the elastic band and is well grabbed hold!
Now to see how it deals with flow! ;)

DSC08344 by sshipuk, on Flickr

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
31971311908_7c32daccc9_c.jpg

That is beautiful. Great shot. I love sponges too. And tunicates. Do you have any of those? You definitely need a nice one (not that I am buying).

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is beautiful. Great shot. I love sponges too. And tunicates. Do you have any of those? You definitely need a nice one (not that I am buying).

Thanks, yes I do have tunicates mostly in the cube end, part of the big blue one just taken. :)

DSC_0002 by sshipuk, on Flickr

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Very nice! I got a few sponges with my live rock, but have not seen any tunicates so far. Still hoping they pop up. Best thing about live rock, new stuff just pops out of nowhere six months later.

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I got a few sponges with my live rock, but have not seen any tunicates so far. Still hoping they pop up. Best thing about live rock, new stuff just pops out of nowhere six months later.

I was originally going to start with dry Rock. Because I was so afraid of pests, and wanted a sterile start for that reason. But live rock has such benefits, I believe I have changed my mind. In the beginning I will check the tank out at night with a flashlight to look for pests. And probably set a trap to see what may go inside of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back