najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can your angel come out to play?
IMG_20191113_064619016.jpg

I had a chat with the manager at my lfs earlier, he is going to try and sort me a pair for the s tank.
The males can be really aggresive towards the females, he recons it is only a 1 in 3 chance they will pair up. ;)

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a chat with the manager at my lfs earlier, he is going to try and sort me a pair for the s tank.
The males can be really aggresive towards the females, he recons it is only a 1 in 3 chance they will pair up. ;)

I have 2 males (purchased almost 6 months ago ...) and they do sometimes chase each other but so far no ripped tails or physical injuries. They're too busy scouring the system for pods!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From my research, females are aggressive with one another as well sometimes. Females also tend to be heartier. Ratio of at least 8:1 survivability.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've read success with an acclimation box with a barrier between may work. In your tank, they may just believe they are Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Please excuse the biblical reference.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read success with an acclimation box with a barrier between may work. In your tank, they may just believe they are Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Please excuse the biblical reference.

She ate the apple, things went sexual, pffft women! ;)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 2 males (purchased almost 6 months ago ...) and they do sometimes chase each other but so far no ripped tails or physical injuries. They're too busy scouring the system for pods!
Do you mind posting some pics and tagging me?

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came down this morning to the large pink acro letting go, an inch missing and flesh peeling off in strips, I have done frags but not looking hopeful.
I will change the carbon in a bit and add twice the amount, 1 cup but in 2 bags, one by each drain.
I have a couple of montis letting go including my blue polyp plate.
Most of the remaining lps looking hacked off.
Big blue sponge and orange remains moved to the cube end, I might have been slowly poisoning the tank as these let go, the blue one has been looking worse over the paste few months.
Pretty dejected, I wish I had never gotten the cave gobies, I think they have overwhelmed the tank's buffer capacity.
Took my clam to the lfs this morning, hopefully it will be ok.

DSC_0605 (1024x683).jpg

DSC_0602 (1024x683).jpg

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came down this morning to the large pink acro letting go, an inch missing and flesh peeling off in strips, I have done frags but not looking hopeful.
I will change the carbon in a bit and add twice the amount, 1 cup but in 2 bags, one by each drain.
I have a couple of montis letting go including my blue polyp plate.
Most of the remaining lps looking hacked off.
Big blue sponge and orange remains moved to the cube end, I might have been slowly poisoning the tank as these let go, the blue one has been looking worse over the paste few months.
Pretty dejected, I wish I had never gotten the cave gobies, I think they have overwhelmed the tank's buffer capacity.
Took my clam to the lfs this morning, hopefully it will be ok.

DSC_0605 (1024x683).jpg

DSC_0602 (1024x683).jpg

Dang I hope it'll get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back