N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeh they suck but are cute. ;)

Wondering if all 3 of these will ever open at the same time?! ;)

DSC_0671 (1024x687).jpg

Dendro. :)

DSC_0673 (1024x770).jpg

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO Leathers can sometimes release toxins that may irritate or kill other corals and best method to deal with this is fresh water changes. And in your case either twice or weekly regimen.

Heck I found out that my Alkalinity supplement had used up and noticed on one Monti & a Acro base had starting to bleach which I've never had encountered before until I found out a couple days ago ... been too busy with work project that I'd forgotten to top up the Alkalinity solution.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, lower left is (German?) blue polyp, I fragged that base close to get the little branch as well, that is the biggest change in light.
Mid right is purple. a bit more light than where it was, again whole branch at more or less the angle it was at.
The green is green! ;)
There should be red in there, ... to follow!

DSC_0690 (1024x683).jpg

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the acros. It really is a bummer watching things that were happy then start to decline. I'm going thru a downturn as well. Now dealing with fish hierarchy changes. Coral beauty angel has lost it and can no longer tolerate anyone else. Had to catch the swallowtail damsel male because the angel nearly killed him. Going to take him to the LFS so he doesn't die. Hopefully the CB angel decides to stop being a pain, but I doubt it.

Just keep on keepin on. Since you are no longer wanting to keep acros, get more gorgonians. Can't have too many gorgonians.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate the black mood hanging over the tanks.
You’ve done all of the emergency steps fella, I’ve learnt in this hobby we will all have issues and setbacks, you just need to sit back with your music and rum for a few weeks and let the system recover and reset, these things take time.... and it still a cracking view from your desk!!
it’s taken a year for my system to get back to anything Iike after my issues... but it’s not a race... and it still makes me happy

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeh they suck but are cute. ;)

Wondering if all 3 of these will ever open at the same time?! ;)

DSC_0671 (1024x687).jpg

Dendro. :)

DSC_0673 (1024x770).jpg
How can you consider the tanks having a black mood when you have specimens like this doing beautifully? Evolution of the tank, just like the ocean.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love taking close ups and am not a fan of the blue look, I prefer the purple side of blue.
I can take a close up of things and it will basically be what I see.
Far right went in yesterday, yellow / peach / pink with purple polyps, yellow in the middle is yellow, as long as the corals are happy I'm happy. :)

DSC_0167 (1024x663).jpg
Looks awesome...!!!

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve done all of the emergency steps fella, I’ve learnt in this hobby we will all have issues and setbacks, you just need to sit back with your music and rum for a few weeks and let the system recover and reset, these things take time.... and it still a cracking view from your desk!!
it’s taken a year for my system to get back to anything Iike after my issues... but it’s not a race... and it still makes me happy

It has bounced back before, this is the second time it hit my acros hard but this time it was my fault all be it unknowingly, time for a change of direction.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the reason I didn't get a red monti in with the others.
You can see the glue base of the red, it got dislodged about 6 months ago so I just dropped it on the greenish piece, when I grabbed that base I thought I could just wiggle the red off.
Wrong!
The red has grown around that upright branch and is solid!
I just put it back, I will pick up another frag at some point! ;)

DSC_0715 (1024x692).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew's Monti is beautiful. He put it high in the very back. It will HAVE to be put in the bigger tank. It's growing quickly.

They are lovely corals, those are both 2.5 inch branches, you'd hardly know I'd been at the colonies! ;)
Having them in my hand yesterday showed a lot of old damage, I'm considering fragging all of them.
I love the funky shapes and have to many long straight branches.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as I looked in the £5 exit lounge section I could see the story of this.
They are green dragons eyes btw, we will see if they are nuclear or toxic or not if I sprout or shed fingers.
These were removed from a rock colony, little one didn't make it, you can see the coraline that came off the rock still attached, no idea why you would want to remove them, I bought them for the mussel! :)

DSC09808 (1024x725).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • None.

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.4%
Back