Najer's zen twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took the M1 apart, cleaned it and put it back together, zip, I could really do without the cost of a new pump now!

DSC_0002 (1024x636).jpg

DSC_0005 (1024x683).jpg

You actually DO clean stuff! ;Hilarious

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I refer to all of my fish as "guys" for some reason...I have no idea what they are except for the flasher wrasse! ;Hilarious

I have not really sorted any of the fish except the 4 clowns, most of mine are females because they are way to pretty to be boys! ;)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Admin, this is an explanation.
I have some mental health issues that I have tried to deal with, the covid thing has knocked me sideways, partly trying to lift strain from our health service.
I sent an email with this picture to my surgery earlier, a cry for help, if they section me the twins and puddle might be gone, first time I have put me first in a very long time. :)
Not proud of myself and everyone I upset.

IMG_0335 (1024x768).jpg
Simon, please understand that we all love you. You’re more than an inspiration to us all. Your tanks show how brilliant and talented you are.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simon, please understand that we all love you. You’re more than an inspiration to us all. Your tanks show how brilliant and talented you are.

Thanks, I have a passion for my daughter and my tanks, I need to get a like of me back at least, raised meds have already helped, blood tests this coming week and then see the doctor.
I also am cutting down on my cigarette smoking but very slowly.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have a passion for my daughter and my tanks, I need to get a like of me back at least, raised meds have already helped, blood tests this coming week and then see the doctor.
I also am cutting down on my cigarette smoking but very slowly.
Awesome my friend. Life is hard. We all have our hardships don’t we. One thing we have in common is keeping awesome reef animals happy :) And you’re doing way too well. I promise next time I come to the UK, I’ll visit if you’ll have me.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the lfs today for phyto, remembered phyto!
... we all know how this goes right?! ;)
Since having the ycg I realised I needed a black one, they got them in on Thursday but I didn't spot them.
The ycg just after it went in, it is in the pavona and after this pic it went over to make friends, it hasn't left the pavona since like it is on guard duty.
I have had a few glimpses of it so hopefully it will settle quickly.

DSC_0002 (1024x683).jpg

Gcg on the pavona frag, notice the pattern here, it used to live in the one I took out, clown gobies really appear to like pavona! :)

DSC_0007 (1024x743).jpg

Now this is a "frag", £25 and 7 or 8 inches across, the piece that was removed from the tank of someone I know in one piece was about the size of a soccer ball, it was really kicking him in the big three! :)

DSC_0011 (1024x683).jpg

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few fish that people call iffy, this is my fav coral (please don't tell the others), we have been through a bit together, I would never risk it to a fish addition. :)

DSC_0002 (1024x683).jpg
So many great corals in your tank but this one always makes me melt as of late

I have not really sorted any of the fish except the 4 clowns, most of mine are females because they are way to pretty to be boys! ;)
Most of my fish are females because they are to cute for boys too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so after the filtered up with the salifert test kit that set me back loads I have switched to tropic marin, expensive but I trust the company so salifert can do one.
Very easy to use, the change to pink is like 2 or three drops, I ran it twice and got 7 dkh both times give or take, I still haven't run the nitrates and phos as I wanted the salinity at 35 for a few days, I needed a baseline due to the monti going in, I lost most of my sps so I have been dosing less kh buffer, I dosed after the test, I thought it might be lower, I only aim for 7.5 - 8 when the tank is good. :)

DSC_0010 (1024x705).jpg

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the lfs today for phyto, remembered phyto!
... we all know how this goes right?! ;)
Since having the ycg I realised I needed a black one, they got them in on Thursday but I didn't spot them.
The ycg just after it went in, it is in the pavona and after this pic it went over to make friends, it hasn't left the pavona since like it is on guard duty.
I have had a few glimpses of it so hopefully it will settle quickly.

DSC_0002 (1024x683).jpg

Gcg on the pavona frag, notice the pattern here, it used to live in the one I took out, clown gobies really appear to like pavona! :)

DSC_0007 (1024x743).jpg

Now this is a "frag", £25 and 7 or 8 inches across, the piece that was removed from the tank of someone I know in one piece was about the size of a soccer ball, it was really kicking him in the big three! :)

DSC_0011 (1024x683).jpg

Of course you only went in for phyto!! ;Hilarious Just like the last time I went in to do some coral trading and came home with a fire shrimp, peppermint shrimps, and a royal gramma!

More clown gobies for everyone!!! ;Joyful

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came down this morning and the black goby was like it was glued to the desk end glass but as soon as the leds started up it was gone back to the pavona.
The ycg hasn't really left the pavona keeping guard. ;)
Hopefully it will grow a pair of fins soon! :)

DSC_0003 (1024x732).jpg

I need pics of the chalice later with the lights a bit stronger, as it is colouring up nicely. :)

DSC_0007 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my longest standing creature, it came in on a coral about 6 or 7 years ago because staff didn't notice it, inch and a quarter - half now, it is the only snail the tassle fill fish hasn't eaten except dove snails and cowries as it can't get into them, the tassle can't get at it due to snail super grip! :)

DSC_0002 (1024x683).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%

Back