Name that coral(hammer?)

babajuju

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2023
Messages
40
Reaction score
21
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was just wondering if someone could help me identify this “hammer” coral. A lot of the heads on the polyps differ from others in many ways. Just wondering if anyone knows why or if it’s a specific hammer. Or I’m just dumb, that’s plausible too.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
Frammer... :)
 
Hey guys, I was just wondering if someone could help me identify this “hammer” coral. A lot of the heads on the polyps differ from others in many ways. Just wondering if anyone knows why or if it’s a specific hammer. Or I’m just dumb, that’s plausible too.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
This is a frammer however it looks bleached. Generally a bleached fymbriaphillia has light blue tips and white stalks on their arms(?).
 
This is a frammer however it looks bleached. Generally a bleached fymbriaphillia has light blue tips and white stalks on their arms(?).
Yea the colors are interesting, I wondered if it hadn’t made it to its full potential. But it’s nearly always spread out with all the polyps extending so maybe it’s just a dull frammer
 
Yea the colors are interesting, I wondered if it hadn’t made it to its full potential. But it’s nearly always spread out with all the polyps extending so maybe it’s just a dull frammer
Even a bleached fymbriaphyllia will have full extension. My old frogspawn came bleached and after time it regained colour and became brown with green tips (likely borrowing zooxanthellae from the neighbouring hammer).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new