Coral ID

Liam87

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just set up this reef tank it’s been running for about 1 month now. I’m having trouble identifying this coral if anyone could help me out I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

image.jpg
 
Sweet, thanks for the help. The appendages are bubbled as well is that something I should be worried about or is that normal?
 
I don’t think it’s symposium because of the bubbly appearance. Can you get another photo?
 
Here’s a couple pictures
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 73
Honestly I’m lost on this one, kinda looks like bubble algae haha. Good luck on finding out though
 
I found an old picture of when I first got it and it does look like sympodium
 

Attachments

  • EE7A1C61-604D-4673-8BFC-F0F54DE50FBC.jpeg
    EE7A1C61-604D-4673-8BFC-F0F54DE50FBC.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 42
Still unsure of why the appendages are bubbled if anyone has answers I’d love to hear them
 
In that picture I agree it looks like symphodium
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new