Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am very excited to announce this contest! The main goal is to continue to raise money for Mason, but it is also to find a name for a beautiful new paly!

I would like to thank reef-lover for donating all of these awesome prizes for the winning name! He has went above and beyond by donating the prize as well as paying for shipping to the winner!

Also thanks to www.coralpedia.com who is waiting on a winner to officially name this new paly. Heck you can name it after yourself if you win!

Here is how it will work!

In order to play you have to make a donation of at least $5 to the Mason Plot Fund. For every $5 you donate you get to submit 1 name of your choice for the new paly. If you donate $10 you get to submit 3 names. For every $10 you can submit up to 3 names. The more names you submit the higher your chances of winning will be. The winning name will be drawn out of a hat 3 weeks from tonight!

$5 = Submit 1 Name and gives you 1 chance to win.
$10 = Submit 3 Names and gives you 3 chances to win.

In order to get proper credit for your names you will need to paypal your donation to [email protected] and then you must identify yourself in the paypal comments or email by your screen name here at R2R. Then in the same emal or paypal comment area you need to submit your names for the new paly. There will be a new CLOSED thread started where I will enter the screen names of all the ones who donate and their submission for the new name. I hope this is not to complicated, but we will use this thread for discussion.

Now for the prizes! The winning name will receive all of the below items with free shipping!

6 Polyps of the New Named Paly (currently selling for around $50 per polyp!)
3-4 Polyps of the Unattainable Palys
2-4 Polyps of Armageddon Palys
FREE SHIPPING

PICS:

UNNAMED PALY

ppz-1.jpg

Unattainables

unattainables__Large_.jpg

Armageddons

IMG_3067.jpg

If you have questions please ask them in this thread!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So what do you guys and gals think about this contest?

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see this, the armageddons I traded him going to a good cause. Is it just the best name wins, or guess the correct name? I remember a thread a little while ago that gave em a name, but I think we should do the best original name wins.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well the winner will be drawn out of a hat.

Lets say you pay $10 then you get 3 chances to win and can try with 3 different names or 3 of the same. Whatever you want to do. So you might say, Pink Blaster, Paintballer Special, and Ice Ages. Your 3 names will be put in the hat and whatever name that is drawn will be the winner. You could also just put 3 of the same names in if you wanted to.

It's really all about who's name is drawn. The naming part is just to make it more fun!

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the winner will be drawn out of a hat.

Lets say you pay $10 then you get 3 chances to win and can try with 3 different names or 3 of the same. Whatever you want to do. So you might say, Pink Blaster, Paintballer Special, and Ice Ages. Your 3 names will be put in the hat and whatever name that is drawn will be the winner. You could also just put 3 of the same names in if you wanted to.

It's really all about who's name is drawn. The naming part is just to make it more fun!

Got it. Is there any way to record the hat drawing? When people pay for it, we dont want any upset members about saying its rigged.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only way to do it will be to have a couple local reefer friends of mine, one who is a mod here, watch the drawing take place. We have had many drawings here at R2R and you just have to trust that I am not going to lie.... ;)

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way to do it will be to have a couple local reefer friends of mine, one who is a mod here, watch the drawing take place. We have had many drawings here at R2R and you just have to trust that I am not going to lie.... ;)

Im not worried, just wanted to put it out there to help kill doubt

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your the bomb reef-lover! We owe you great thanks bro! I just wish I could win!! LOL! Even though I have some already they make great trading stock!

tommyb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we put in more than 3 names? I plan on donating more than $10. I have been meaning to donate and this is great incentive. If for some chance I do win I will pay for the shipping as well. Thanks for doing this it is very generous.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh you can put in 3000 names! :)
What we really need is somebody rich or with a company that needs some tax relief to just pay for the rest of the surgery! It's tax deductiable and we only need about 18-19k. :)

jerryc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the donation made to the [Mason Plott Surgery Fund ] same as before or a deferent one.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No it is the same Mason. We are trying to raise more money to go towards the surgery. He can't have it until we raise enough money.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man anybody else want to get in on this?

tommyb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought for sure more people would get in on this. Bump this to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back