Naming fish

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy naming fish and hearing over peoples suggestions on names if you have an unnamed fish post a pic or tell us what type of fish it is and you will soon have a name. Freshwater, saltwater, corals or invertebrates we will name. I’ll get this started here is my new Zig Zag eel he didn’t have a name yet. Guppies are temporary don’t worry.

343AC098-FCB0-4158-A1C5-C7C4A677E3BF.jpeg 4ADAAB56-7068-4ACD-8088-7E50CED9ED9F.jpeg

OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy naming fish and hearing over peoples suggestions on names if you have an unnamed fish post a pic or tell us what type of fish it is and you will soon have a name. Freshwater, saltwater, corals or invertebrates we will name. I’ll get this started here is my new Zig Zag eel he didn’t have a name yet. Guppies are temporary don’t worry.

343AC098-FCB0-4158-A1C5-C7C4A677E3BF.jpeg 4ADAAB56-7068-4ACD-8088-7E50CED9ED9F.jpeg
If you’re wondering what the groot is in the first picture it’s the name of my bristle nose pleco

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only named one in years of fishkeeping, a very personable but sometimes ornery Undulate Trigger who I named 'Zach'. Zach had a tank to himself because he would murder any other fish within seconds. Zach would redecorate his tank by picking up shells and dropping them, 'klunk klunk klunk' all day long. Zach would bash the glass with his snout if I was feeding the tank next to his. Zach would eat fresh shrimp out of my hand. But one day I ran out of shrimp but kept my hand in the tank. Well I didn't expect him to bite me but he clamped down on my finger. I jerked back and sent him flying 6' unto the carpet. Picked him up, put him back, he shook himself off and never bit me again.

Last edited:

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Chernobyl" the Sleeper Goby that covers all of my corals in white sand
"Peek-at-chu" the Yellow Watchman Goby
"Glub" the Ocellaris clown - aka tank bully
"Periwinkle" - the percula clown
"Mr. Wiggles" the Snowflake Clown
"Flat Stanley" the Yellow Tang
"Finley" the Hippo Tang
"Ruby" the 6 line wrasse
"Boo" the chromis... we have three of them, so they are all "boo"
Two pajama cardinals that are just boring, so they don't get names.

RIP
Crabzilla - the red hairy legged crab
Ursula - the tube anemone (which was eaten by Crabzilla)
AC / DC - my two original fire fish... which either jumped to their deaths or were eaten by Ursula

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Chernobyl" the Sleeper Goby that covers all of my corals in white sand
"Peek-at-chu" the Yellow Watchman Goby
"Glub" the Ocellaris clown - aka tank bully
"Periwinkle" - the percula clown
"Mr. Wiggles" the Snowflake Clown
"Flat Stanley" the Yellow Tang
"Finley" the Hippo Tang
"Ruby" the 6 line wrasse
"Boo" the chromis... we have three of them, so they are all "boo"
Two pajama cardinals that are just boring, so they don't get names.

RIP
Crabzilla - the red hairy legged crab
Ursula - the tube anemone (which was eaten by Crabzilla)
AC / DC - my two original fire fish... which either jumped to their deaths or were eaten by Ursula
Is your six line mean? I want to add one to my tank with just my damsel. It’s a 32 biocube

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your six line mean? I want to add one to my tank with just my damsel. It’s a 32 biocube
No, she's super chill. Bothers nothing in the tank. She has been there since before the tank was mine. She just keeps to herself... unless I try to catch her... then all bets are off.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, she's super chill. Bothers nothing in the tank. She has been there since before the tank was mine. She just keeps to herself... unless I try to catch her... then all bets are off.
You think she’d be able to handle a damsel maybe 2” long? He’s never been mean to anyone before.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a pretty solid match up.
Just another option I really like pink streaked wrasses but I’ve never had a six line so I’m not sure if one is better it not.

I'll second the Pink-Streaked Wrasse. I've got one in a 20 and it's a perfect little nano fish - active but not belligerent.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think she’d be able to handle a damsel maybe 2” long? He’s never been mean to anyone before.
I think that wrasse on wrasse may be a challenge. I've heard that damsels can be jerks... you really won't know until you give it a go.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Here's one for you. I name most of my fish, but I've had 3 Dennison Barbs for at least 6 years without naming them (Yeah, FW again). They are my pride and joy of the FW side. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Here's one for you. I name most of my fish, but I've had 3 Dennison Barbs for at least 6 years without naming them (Yeah, FW again). They are my pride and joy of the FW side. Any ideas?
Sorry I took so long I got one name for you: Croton
I think that name fits because the fishes colors remind me of the plant

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I took so long I got one name for you: Croton
I think that name fits because the fishes colors remind me of the plant

croton.jpg

Sorry for the late response and the lousy picture (just won't hold still). Meet Croton! He's the biggest of the 3 Dennisons at about 6" long. Can't really tell the other 2 apart.

I love the name. Not only do his colors match the plant (had to google it), but the name just sounds like some monster from a 1960's Godzilla type movie. Too cool! Thanks.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%
Back