Nano ATO problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

just built up a 37 gallon SW tank and using the nano to ATO. Since building the tank, the ATO either won't turn on, or when I can finally get it to turn on, it won't turn off. What I can notice is the float switch sticks inside the casing. Twice it's overfilled the tank and I cannot get a consistent water level.

Please Help!

ReeferSpot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. The outside magnet is really strong and it interferes with the float switch moving up and down. I was told that this is not a problem if you have a sump made from thick glass. I had a 10 gallon sump made with thin glass so the remedy is to add pieces of cardboard between the magnet and the glass until it allows the flow switch to move like it should.

ReeferSpot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I assumed that you were talking about the tunze nano ato.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChadmRoman

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I assumed that you were talking about the tunze nano ato.
Yes, it's a nano, and the magnet was the issue. I added a door shim until I can find a piece of rubber to fit in between so it looks clean. If you ask me, it's a defect and Tunze should supply a simple resolution by adding a rubber spacer (like Ecotech does) in the box.

Thanks for the reply, I would've never figured this out.

ReeferSpot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, glad it worked out for you. Yes, Tunze should do something to fix this.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnet holders are designed to work for 3/16-3/8 glass, thinner and a shim is needed. I would recommend scrap acrylic or a section of an old mouse pad as cardboard will tend to compress. I apologize for the issue but we don't really have a solution, as a German based company providing a shim is a difficult issue as it is a waste issue and would result in extra tax in Europe and European tanks tend to use thicker glass so this would be frowned upon as producing a piece of plastic waste for the majority of end users. Europe taxes waste production at the source of production so that is why our packaging for example is more minimalistic and everything has to be designed to be recycled if possible.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back