Nano Nano tanksalot

20230604_203550.gif
 
I've been nearly 12 months into building my BioOrb and enjoying it immensely. Five live corals and three fish, with the addition of a couple more this Thursday or Friday, to take care of my developing Aiptasia problem. I am thankful for the input and information I have received during my short time here. I don't feel alone anymore. I have an undergraduate degree in marine biology, four master's degrees, and a PhD. I am here to learn and help. Master's in business and theology, and a doctorate from Dallas Theological Seminary, coupled with my love of the sea, and you are right to conclude that I believe in full immersion:). I love God, the sea, and the mountains, and at my age, I am so blessed to live in the Rocky Mountains AND now a saltwater aquarium. I don't think it gets much better!!!
Welcome to R2R!
 
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef!
Have you considered creating a build thread for your tank? I would be interested in seeing one!
No, I haven't, can you explain more in detail. I started in June and have gone slow, depending on how one defines slow... I have an 18 gallon BioOrb, fits right into the center of our family, kitchen, dining room. I like the circle shape and the fact that the air comes up the center and circulates so well. Started by putting professional bought sand, waited a week and then cut salmon purchased from a store into very small pieces and put them on the bottom to decompose and begin to develop the bio of the substrate.
How is that for a start - what you are looking for?
 
No, I haven't, can you explain more in detail. I started in June and have gone slow, depending on how one defines slow... I have an 18 gallon BioOrb, fits right into the center of our family, kitchen, dining room. I like the circle shape and the fact that the air comes up the center and circulates so well. Started by putting professional bought sand, waited a week and then cut salmon purchased from a store into very small pieces and put them on the bottom to decompose and begin to develop the bio of the substrate.
How is that for a start - what you are looking for?
If you set up a build thread you are making a thread dedicated to showcasing your tank and it's progress.
That's a good start!
I would like to know more about the livestock you have chosen.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new