OP
OP
JALIASC

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed the fishy and added the second round of PraziPro. He's been looking so much better and venturing out of his hidey-hole.

OP
OP
JALIASC

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbubbles attack!! Turned my protein skimmer back on and have microbubbles galore, probably related to the PraziPro. Hopefully it clears up soon, kinda annoying little buggers

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbubbles attack!! Turned my protein skimmer back on and have microbubbles galore, probably related to the PraziPro. Hopefully it clears up soon, kinda annoying little buggers
I usually have to shut my skimmer off during Prazi for this reason...

OP
OP
JALIASC

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh this fish is such a scaredy cat and a picky eater, not my favorite combination. He'll eat a couple of the Hikari Marine-S pellets but then ignores everything else. Really doesn't like the Neptune crossover diet. Looks like I'll need to stick to a frozen food diet for the time being. Fish has expensive taste, good thing he's pretty!

OP
OP
JALIASC

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ladies and gents we have finally started entering the world of new tank uglies. Getting some diatom action on the rocks and sand as well as teeny patches of brown and green algae. Guess it's time to go pick up some Trochus snails!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JALIASC

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the onset of diatoms comes a clean up crew! Picked up 4 trochus snails and 1 turbo grazer snail from Vivid to combat the new growth. If 4 turbos is too many I'll put one in my pico tank
IMG_3036.JPG

IMG_3037.JPG

OP
OP
JALIASC

JALIASC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vacation curse has struck again! Wake this morning to find a bunch of Apex alerts on my phone saying the temp is too cold. Blasted heater, I knew I should have ordered a back up. Sigh

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vacation curse has struck again! Wake this morning to find a bunch of Apex alerts on my phone saying the temp is too cold. Blasted heater, I knew I should have ordered a back up. Sigh
Interestingly enough, I woke to the same alerts...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back