Nano Reef Tank pH

DonJuanAntwon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still learning and was wondering about pH levels. I Was doing my weekly water change and everything in my 10 gallon nano reef tank is going well. All my fish, corals, and inverts are healthy. All my levels are normal (ammonia 0 / nitrite 0 / nitrate 10/ Phosphate 0.1 / Ca 440 / dKh 9 (161 ppm KH) except my pH is showing 8.8. Is is something to be worried about or try to adjust down closer to 8.2? Or since the tank is functioning fine let it ride? Thanks

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still learning and was wondering about pH levels. I Was doing my weekly water change and everything in my 10 gallon nano reef tank is going well. All my fish, corals, and inverts are healthy. All my levels are normal (ammonia 0 / nitrite 0 / nitrate 10/ Phosphate 0.1 / Ca 440 / dKh 9 (161 ppm KH) except my pH is showing 8.8. Is is something to be worried about or try to adjust down closer to 8.2? Or since the tank is functioning fine let it ride? Thanks
pH 8.8 dKh? I would suspect testing error.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used a pH kit in quite a while (it's not a parameter that I worry about, especially since I use Kalkwasser), but Salifert's kit was pretty good and relatively inexpensive.

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might consider getting a pH pen digital tester - good investment, and is easy enough that it means you will test more often. pH is one of those parameters that it is good to know "at a glance", which is why many people monitor it constantly with a pH probe. But, if you don't have a controller, then a pH pen is a good alternative.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PH of 8.8 is impossible.

You have a test error, but it's not something I would measure.

What does a freshly mixed batch of salt water measure?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back