Nano Siphon for tight spots

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Anyone have any recommendations on a good tiny siphon that would get into tight spots on my tank? I've got a small one now, but need something even smaller.

Maybe 1GPM, or 1" in Diameter or close to.

Thank you!

OP
OP
C

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I misread your comment. Lol don't need a tube, i need an actual siphon which won't suck up the rock but will suck up algae/dirt from the bed. Just looking to see if anyone with a nano tank has something tiny they like. My smallest one right now is about 1.5", but need something even smaller.

Thanks!

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, I misread your comment. Lol don't need a tube, i need an actual siphon which won't suck up the rock but will suck up algae/dirt from the bed. Just looking to see if anyone with a nano tank has something tiny they like. My smallest one right now is about 1.5", but need something even smaller.

Thanks!

You can just pinch the piece of tube to control the flow and keep from siphoning rock out.. =)

OP
OP
C

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for all the advice. I've come to a small problem though, my tank is pretty packed with coral and I've unfortunately injured a frogspawn a few times by trying to use a tube to clean the bottom. That's why i was looking for an actual "siphon" mechanism.

Anyways, i'll try the smallest tubing i suppose. I think this will work!

OP
OP
C

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use airline tubing with 1/4 clear rigid tubing on the end for vacuuming my beta tank. It works great for really small jobs and tight spaces.

This is a great idea, I'll likely end up getting a 16" clear rigid tube and connect it to some airline tubing. Thanks for the suggestion!

acshaw80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Anyone have any recommendations on a good tiny siphon that would get into tight spots on my tank? I've got a small one now, but need something even smaller.

Maybe 1GPM, or 1" in Diameter or close to.

Thank you!

I use this to siphon and it works better than traditional aquarium siphons in my opinion. I don't think it would siphon algae though...really only for water. Maybe try a Julian's Thing?

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this to siphon and it works better than traditional aquarium siphons in my opinion. I don't think it would siphon algae though...really only for water. Maybe try a Julian's Thing?

Uh, the gas siphon has a copper nipple that starts the siphon. Copper is not at all appropriate for a reef system!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back