Nano skimmer on a budget.

therremans

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2021
Messages
68
Reaction score
79
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with a smaller tank.. I found a
skimmer on a budget. I have been using this with great results and it is only $14 shipped. Link. It may take around a month to receive but worth it.
Tim

53C18D3E-1622-42CC-A3B0-C77C3A1888CB.jpeg
D0849320-31B7-4780-A9A2-EAA3D20FB048.jpeg
 
I also wanted a way to hook up a co2 scrubber, assembled one today. About $45 invested. I’ll let you know if my ph increases in this thread. The small but workhorse Tetra Whisper 10 is powerful enough to run the co2 scrubber and skimmer optimally with no valve adjustment. Just raise/lower the skimmer to get it dialed in. $5 from Petco. Everyone else was sold out.

I also purchased another skimmer for $8 that arrived today, it has suction cups and would be better for rimmed tanks. The $14 one above is ideal for rimless and has an overall slimmer design that fits nicely in the AIO rear sump. I’ll share the link for the other skimmer here.

6752F1B5-50A2-452D-8010-F756A2D00FEF.jpeg


C1CBFDAA-EC95-440A-A9F2-FCC1DFC5DD07.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new