Nano SPS Noopsyche K7 pro3 schedule Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wash
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wash

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2024
Messages
54
Reaction score
8
Location
seoul
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
This is an SPS tank.
My light (Noopsyche K7 Pro III) is mounted 7 inches above the water surface, and the tank is 12 inches tall from the sand bed to the surface.
I'm planning to place Acropora at the spot marked with a red check.
My current light settings are:
White 20 / Blue 80 / Royal Blue 80 / UV 80 / Red 7 / Green 7
Do you think I need to adjust anything?
Thanks in advance!
1751112160199.jpg
 
Hey Wash,
Tristian from the Noopsyche US warehouse & farm (trscaquatics)

At the farm we tend to run our 100+ Noops higher when possible to get better spread and even penetration. In your situation we would lower your settings to around 30-40% all around. In general we don't run Red or Green in the spectrum and prefer to stick to the blue/and uv spectrums all around. Our general recommendation is to start at a lower intensity and shoot for a 8-10 hour light schedule. We run whites for around 4 hours per day after ramp up and then blues for the rest of the day. Our corals respond very well to this schedule and we have been doing it for years.

White 5 / Blue 40 / Royal Blue 40 / UV 40 / Red 0 / Green 0
 
Hey Wash,
Tristian from the Noopsyche US warehouse & farm (trscaquatics)

At the farm we tend to run our 100+ Noops higher when possible to get better spread and even penetration. In your situation we would lower your settings to around 30-40% all around. In general we don't run Red or Green in the spectrum and prefer to stick to the blue/and uv spectrums all around. Our general recommendation is to start at a lower intensity and shoot for a 8-10 hour light schedule. We run whites for around 4 hours per day after ramp up and then blues for the rest of the day. Our corals respond very well to this schedule and we have been doing it for years.

White 5 / Blue 40 / Royal Blue 40 / UV 40 / Red 0 / Green 0
Thanks for the information!
Currently, my acros are placed up to the mid-level of the tank and I'm using a diffuser.
I'm wondering — wouldn't dropping both blue and royal blue to 40% be a bit too low in this case? What do you think?
 
I run 2 over a 120 - 24” up with the n/rb/uv 100% I grow sps in 1 and mixed in the other. The lights are strong. :)
20250728_001354_6F51AFD1-5F04-4D54-8D00-3218B602E053.png


20250728_001354_EE39C456-ECE6-4B54-9B74-19B43E62A9AD.png
 
Hey Wash,
Tristian from the Noopsyche US warehouse & farm (trscaquatics)

At the farm we tend to run our 100+ Noops higher when possible to get better spread and even penetration. In your situation we would lower your settings to around 30-40% all around. In general we don't run Red or Green in the spectrum and prefer to stick to the blue/and uv spectrums all around. Our general recommendation is to start at a lower intensity and shoot for a 8-10 hour light schedule. We run whites for around 4 hours per day after ramp up and then blues for the rest of the day. Our corals respond very well to this schedule and we have been doing it for years.

White 5 / Blue 40 / Royal Blue 40 / UV 40 / Red 0 / Green 0
Cool to see you're on here. I emailed you about the defusers not being in the light box when I received the lights that were shipped by you. They're almost here from China! Lol was wondering how I'd use these on my IM 50gal lagoon but may mess with what you said about blues for his tank.. My tank is only 16" deep 29.9" across.
 
Cool to see you're on here. I emailed you about the defusers not being in the light box when I received the lights that were shipped by you. They're almost here from China! Lol was wondering how I'd use these on my IM 50gal lagoon but may mess with what you said about blues for his tank.. My tank is only 16" deep 29.9" across.
BeanAnimal released a webpage you can use to import settings into the app. You can read more here.

https://beananimal.com/tools/noo-psyche-k7-profile-generator/https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/k7-pro-iii-spectrum-sharing.925148/
 
Cool to see you're on here. I emailed you about the defusers not being in the light box when I received the lights that were shipped by you. They're almost here from China! Lol was wondering how I'd use these on my IM 50gal lagoon but may mess with what you said about blues for his tank.. My tank is only 16" deep 29.9" across.
BeanAnimal released a webpage you can use to import settings into the app. You can read more here.

https://beananimal.com/tools/noo-psyche-k7-profile-generator/https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/k7-pro-iii-spectrum-sharing.925148/
Thank you! Seen this before but didn't bookmark it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new