nano tank med-high flow, mid light(partial shade) coral suggestion

BangingBaking

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, I lost all livestock in July while combating a bubble algae outbreak with peroxide. Though I didn't spot any symptoms of disease, I let my tank fallow for 4 months, and now I'm back on track with a QT tank and a new fish added.
During the fallow period, I ghost-fed pellets every 3days to prevent my nutrients from bottoming out, and my corals were all fine. I also re-spaced my tanks so that each rock section will be modular, allowing me to manually remove any piece I want without destroying the layout and scrub nuisance algae in case of an outbreak (decided to battle future algae issue with manual removal since this tank is so small, it's not too bad).

I'm regaining my motivation and want to add new corals, but I need suggestions for compatibility. The area I want to place them is the midsection of the tank, where the back half is shaded by the magnetic island. It also get rather direct flow from the power head I placed in the center bottom back of my tank to prevent detritus buildup within the rock work

PXL_20231119_060755212.MP.jpg

PXL_20231119_060800912.MP.jpg

Was thinking of placing a Button Scoly vertically on the front side, but would that be a good idea? Or are there other corals that are recommended?
I guess my tank is lacking purple/blue, any suggestion will be appreciated!
thx in advance.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back