Spookyea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13.5 gallon

I was thinking for fish -

tail spot blenny
Orange Stripe Prawn Goby or clown goby (which one would be better? or could i do both??)

and for inverts -

1 Trochus Snails
1 Astrea Snail
3 Nassarius Snail
Fighting Conch
3 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab

is this to little? or to much?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a blenny and goby, both of those fish stay close to the rocks and aren't open swimmers. You could possibly add a small possum or pink streaked wrasse that would swim in the open more. That would be my limit on fish tho, not much room in a 13.5g.

The conch would be way too big, they get 4-5" long and knock everything over on the sand.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the yellow clown goby. I hear there much more of an open swimmer and cruz the tank than the others. I had a green clown on a 20L very rarley saw him, then it died :(

ceruleanspiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13.5 gallon

I was thinking for fish -

tail spot blenny
Orange Stripe Prawn Goby or clown goby (which one would be better? or could i do both??)

and for inverts -

1 Trochus Snails
1 Astrea Snail
3 Nassarius Snail
Fighting Conch
3 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab

is this to little? or to much?
I've recently discovered Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse and White Banded Possum Wrasse. They look very similar except for the eyes and very slight variations in color. They are good for 10gal or larger tanks and are listed as peaceful/reef safe, though some people say theirs are a bit shy.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pink streak wrasse is one of the best nano fish imo. I had one jump from my nuvo 10 after about a year and was very upset. I just replaced him after finding one locally. They come up on live aquaria in spurts, been having multiple per week lately for around $70.

With a nano, remember you can only have a few fish so dropping some cash for a couple doesn't hurt too bad. If it were me I'd do the wrasse, a yasha goby with randalls pistol, and a small third fish of your choice (clown, gramma, cardinal, etc.)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 101 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back