Nano-tech Bio-sphere

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
I found that after removing the Marine Pure and adding these blocks my aluminium went to zero. I have seen no negative effects on the tank so I have to assume the biological filtration is working as it was before.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Davenkim

View Badges
Reaction score
I want to remove mine, but scared I will cause a cycle and my sps will stn. Hopefully it will work out for me as well as it did for you

Top Shelf Aquatics

Davenkim

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes. They seem to be working great. I removed my marine pure and my aluminum is not showing up any more. Corals are starting to encrust and some that were starting to Stn have recovered the dead areas.

Thanks

OP
sheepdog76

sheepdog76

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow it’s been a year since I first did this thread and I’m now using the spheres and blocks in all my tanks both fresh and saltwater. In fact the spheres I used when I started this post are still in use with no trace of leaching anything and just as solid as day one. I do give the bag they are in a shake once a month and rinse them off every 4-5 months. I use microbactor7 to help build back what little is lost from the lite rinse.

destro

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm using the squares (4" x 4") and fits nicely in my sump. I have two in my sump - one under my return pump and one in the input chamber.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Is it HARD or EASY for you to keep your corals colorful? (check all that apply)

• SPS Hard

Votes: 413 60.7%
  • SPS Easy

Votes: 164 24.1%
  • LPS Hard

Votes: 117 17.2%
  • LPS Easy

Votes: 449 66.0%
  • Zoas Hard

Votes: 71 10.4%
  • Zoas Easy

Votes: 452 66.5%