Nanobox Reef T5 retro problems

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my 8 bulb ATI T5 (non-dimmable) for about 2 years now. The light was modified by nanoboxreef (http://www.nanoboxreef.com/retro.html) to a 6 bulb and the 2 outside bulbs (one on each side) were replaced with LED strips. The light has worked fine for the whole time until recently. Now, only the middle two bulbs turn on and the remaining 4 bulbs (2 on the outside, 2 on the other outside) never turn on. I have replaced the bulbs and see no other obvious signs of what may have gone wrong.

I contacted Nanobox a couple weeks ago and haven't received a reply, so I thought I would try the forums.

Do you have any ideas what I could do to fix the light? Is it a ballast issue? A wiring issue? I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions, as I am pretty stumped now.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had my 8 bulb ATI T5 (non-dimmable) for about 2 years now. The light was modified by nanoboxreef (http://www.nanoboxreef.com/retro.html) to a 6 bulb and the 2 outside bulbs (one on each side) were replaced with LED strips. The light has worked fine for the whole time until recently. Now, only the middle two bulbs turn on and the remaining 4 bulbs (2 on the outside, 2 on the other outside) never turn on. I have replaced the bulbs and see no other obvious signs of what may have gone wrong.

I contacted Nanobox a couple weeks ago and haven't received a reply, so I thought I would try the forums.

Do you have any ideas what I could do to fix the light? Is it a ballast issue? A wiring issue? I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions, as I am pretty stumped now.

Unless you've messed with wiring I doubt that it's the problem. I would be looking at ballasts.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back