Nanobox Reef Turn Around

vxco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased a Nanobox Reef Quad on Oct 23rd or somewhere around there and Dave contacted me and was nice and everything, I've emailed him twice this week, because it's been a month and I still don't have my light. The website says it take 2-4 day to build, but this is ridiculous. I don't want to have to file a claim through Paypal, because he builds awesome lights but I want my light. Any thoughts?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email/call them again, you as a buyer have a right to know the whereabouts of product you've already paid for. If they don't give you a solid answer, I would submit a paypal claim.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took me about 5 weeks to get mine, this was back in early 2016. Dave is a one man shop and it may take a couple of days to respond but he will. His customer service is actually quite good IMO. His custom LED fixtures are fantastic. Keep an eye on his sponsor forum over on nano-reef.com... he is quite active over there.

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea he answers on nanoreef.com quite frequently. But i am waiting on a light as well. It’s been around 6 weeks but he’s been responsive and given updates. You need to take in account that since he is a one man shop depending on how many orders he has ahead of you it may take longer than the 4 weeks estimated on his website. You’re going to receive a great light at the end of the day and I would recommend to be patient. I would also keep in mind this is a custom light made by hand. Not a mass produced light coming off a production line

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a huge issue with a custom light from him, they are nice lights but the service and everything else wasn't worth the headache for myself. I paid over 1g on it to

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a nanobox duo over like 2 years ago, used it for like a year. Now that light lies in my closest, and I won't recommend it anymore.

It was a good light, but it's not an exceptional light in terms of performance or build quality. And it's not the cheaper light either. AI Prime nowadays only sell for $199 while nanobox tide is going for $299. Nanobox Duo Plus ($425) has basically the same coverage as Kessil A360W ($399). On top of that it still suffer from lower customer service quality. I had my duo burned and need repair. I had to pay and mail it to him, wait for over a week to have it mailed back. I also had a Kessil A160WE stopped working for me. I got a replacement shipped for me for free first, then mail the old one back with the shipping label they provide. Also that progress spreadsheet is ridiculous. It's basically exposing your personal information out there.

Basically, you're getting not better performance with more bucks, and lesser customer support. I really don't see a reason to pick it over AI or Kessil or Radion.

JcSH2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap now I'm kinda freaking out here... ordered a custom Quad February 22nd of this year. What's the status of your light @vxco ? I was told at time of purchase it was a 3-4 week lead time, so being its my 3rd week I've been expecting some sort of update any day now.

Seeing this thread though, has me seriously rethinking my purchase.

JcSH2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate on "way longer"? Last year I opted for a sump built by OceanBox Designs, quoted at 3-4 weeks and took almost 4mos to arrive. I enjoy supporting small companies that offer quality products, but at the same time this kind of turnaround is difficult to accommodate considering the prices paid... Especially when you see newly created projects shipping sooner than the one you've paid for.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back