Naoko wrasse issue swimming HELP!

Pita89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I just bought this little guy and he’s having issues swimming. He’s been swimming completely upside down has a short bursts where he’s able to swim normal but then falls down keeps curling up in a ball and scooting around upside down. I keep reading forms and I cannot figure out what I can do to help him he’s in an acclimation box at the moment. I’m having a hard time identifying if it’s a spinal issue or if it’s a swim bladder issue or something parasitic. I have Kana Plex metroplex focus and prazi pro all on hand but I do not know what I should do. If anybody can suggest some thing to help me I would greatly appreciate it I really don’t wanna lose this little guy.

Attachments

• IMG_0369.MOV
    15.7 MB
  • IMG_0370.MOV
    8.7 MB
  • IMG_0371.MOV
    7.8 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, just saw your post and I’m on my phone now so can’t see your video. Is the wrasse feeding, or at least showing interest in food?
Jay

OP
OP
P

Pita89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jay thanks so much for writing we did try to feed him a little bit he seemed like he was interested in the food but was picking up sand when he tried to eat so he was spitting it out so I’m unsure if he actually did eat. We were using the Elos cyclops (our other wrasses favorite)

OP
OP
P

Pita89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A5B8802C-9939-4AFA-A345-9E44B21FB8CD.jpeg C426B709-CEAF-4B13-8F29-F4B2CE3720FB.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0371.MOV
    7.8 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pita89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having issues getting these videos to work this is my first time using the site hopefully this one works

OP
OP
P

Pita89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, just saw your post and I’m on my phone now so can’t see your video. Is the wrasse feeding, or at least showing interest in food?
Jay
Hi Jay thanks so much for writing we did try to feed him a little bit he seemed like he was interested in the food but was picking up sand when he tried to eat so he was spitting it out so I’m unsure if he actually did eat. We were using the Elos cyclops (our other wrasses favorite)

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I think this issue is something we are seeing in fairy and flasher wrasse- it is a neurological issue of unknown cause that affects new wrasse acquisitions. Some people think it’s from the wrasse hitting the tank wall, but I think we would see damaged snouts. I think it is bacterial or viral, but no proof.
I’m really sorry, but I don’t have a treatment to offer you for this.
Jay

OP
OP
P

Pita89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I think this issue is something we are seeing in fairy and flasher wrasse- it is a neurological issue of unknown cause that affects new wrasse acquisitions. Some people think it’s from the wrasse hitting the tank wall, but I think we would see damaged snouts. I think it is bacterial or viral, but no proof.
I’m really sorry, but I don’t have a treatment to offer you for this.
Jay
Thank you jay for you quick responses and your help. The little guy wasn’t doing well in the store and I really wanted to try and see if I could help him and give him a good home. We have him in a qt right now to watch his behavior. If you think of anything that may help I’m all ears ! Thank you again

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back