Napping clown caught me off guard

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home and first thing's first, look at the tank. My clowns rarely travel far from their return nozzle. Didn't see the dominant clown, though. I looked down, and she was laying on her side on the GSP rock. I yelled "Oh, no!" Thinking she'd died. Well, that woke her up, and she bolted back to her return nozzle, acting totally normal now.

Did I catch her napping? Was she considering GSP as a host other than the luxurious return nozzle? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home and first thing's first, look at the tank. My clowns rarely travel far from their return nozzle. Didn't see the dominant clown, though. I looked down, and she was laying on her side on the GSP rock. I yelled "Oh, no!" Thinking she'd died. Well, that woke her up, and she bolted back to her return nozzle, acting totally normal now.

Did I catch her napping? Was she considering GSP as a host other than the luxurious return nozzle? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds like it. Mine hang out near the GSP, but it closes up every time they go too close. Poor things, I need to get them an anemone.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it. Mine hang out near the GSP, but it closes up every time they go too close. Poor things, I need to get them an anemone.
Not a guarantee. This is what I have for them:
PXL_20230601_165152253_exported_stabilized_1685662789099.gif

And apparently the gsp in the bottom left is more enticing:
PXL_20230204_234946946.MP.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back