Napping clown caught me off guard

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoJosReef

There's some lovely filth down here!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
20,705
Reaction score
80,656
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home and first thing's first, look at the tank. My clowns rarely travel far from their return nozzle. Didn't see the dominant clown, though. I looked down, and she was laying on her side on the GSP rock. I yelled "Oh, no!" Thinking she'd died. Well, that woke her up, and she bolted back to her return nozzle, acting totally normal now.

Did I catch her napping? Was she considering GSP as a host other than the luxurious return nozzle? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Got home and first thing's first, look at the tank. My clowns rarely travel far from their return nozzle. Didn't see the dominant clown, though. I looked down, and she was laying on her side on the GSP rock. I yelled "Oh, no!" Thinking she'd died. Well, that woke her up, and she bolted back to her return nozzle, acting totally normal now.

Did I catch her napping? Was she considering GSP as a host other than the luxurious return nozzle? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds like it. Mine hang out near the GSP, but it closes up every time they go too close. Poor things, I need to get them an anemone.
 
Sounds like it. Mine hang out near the GSP, but it closes up every time they go too close. Poor things, I need to get them an anemone.
Not a guarantee. This is what I have for them:
PXL_20230601_165152253_exported_stabilized_1685662789099.gif


And apparently the gsp in the bottom left is more enticing:
PXL_20230204_234946946.MP.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new