Naso but which species?

  • Thread starter Thread starter OrionN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
11,302
Reaction score
22,521
Location
Corpus Christi, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pop Quiz.
What species of Naso is this?
This fish is 3 inches
BlondeNaso2024062901.jpg

BlondeNaso2024062902.jpg
 
Yellow belly? Idk scientific name
 
Yellow belly? Idk scientific name
I don't think there is a yellow belly Naso Tang.
Either Naso lituratus (Naso Tang) or Naso elegans (Blonde Naso Tang)
 
I don't think there is a yellow belly Naso Tang.
Either Naso lituratus (Naso Tang) or Naso elegans (Blonde Naso Tang)
You're right, I'm mixing it up with Regal tang..
Well it has the yellow dorsal fin so you would think blonde naso. But that seems too easy so I would go with the regular(lituratus)
 
You're right, I'm mixing it up with Regal tang..
Well it has the yellow dorsal fin so you would think blonde naso. But that seems too easy so I would go with the regular(lituratus)
Wrong again. Lol
 
Lol. I'm still chuckling to myself about this. It was 50/50, I took 2 guesses and still got it wrong. :face-with-rolling-eyes: smh
 
Lol. I'm still chuckling to myself about this. It was 50/50, I took 2 guesses and still got it wrong. :face-with-rolling-eyes: smh
Hey
My student said I give tricky pop quiz !!
 
Another Quiz
Which Sailfin species? Another 3.5 inches fish.
IMG_3680.jpeg
She’s gorgeous!
Probably one of the nicest specimens of Des Sailfin :)
 
I bought it as a Desjardini. I have not keep a Sailfin for 20 years but could not resist the yellow coloration in this fish. Especially the yellow tail and yellow dorsal and anal fins.
I hope his coloration will not change much.
 
I've had 2. Both has blue fins(I got them around 4.5").. the juveniles seems to have alot more yellow and look more like the regular sailfin. Maybe yours is still transitioning to adult colors? But it would be unique if it keeps the yellow
 
Nice looking fish. Naso is one of my favorite fish. Mine is not blond tho. Mine was little gal maybe 2-3" when I got her. I've had her over 7 years now. She was one of the few fish I was able to save when I had a velvet outbreak a few years back so that makes her even more special to me.
This is her
PXL_20240322_235526254.jpg
 
Nice looking fish. Naso is one of my favorite fish. Mine is not blond tho. Mine was little gal maybe 2-3" when I got her. I've had her over 7 years now. She was one of the few fish I was able to save when I had a velvet outbreak a few years back so that makes her even more special to me.
This is her
PXL_20240322_235526254.jpg
What's up with the yellow? he looks like he drank some AB+straight out the bottle
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new