Naso tang stuck on Mp40

Tony616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son FaceTime me while I was working and shows my healthy blonde naso got sucked in by Mp40 constant mode at 60% power.

He didn't know how to shut it down but luckily I installed apex a month ago. I was able to shut everything down on using my phone. I think I'm going to install the sponge around the cover tonight.

download_20200630_144728.jpg RenderedI.jpg

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this happen twice, once to a sailfin tang and another time two days ago to a chocolate tang. Keep a very close eye on him, if the mark stays there or gets darker it could be an internal injury which is sadly unfixable. Both of the times it has happened to me, the fish seems fine and eats afterwards and dies the next night. If there is no major distortion, you should be good. I really hope it survives, that would suck if you lost such a smart fish.
Good luck and God bless!

OP
OP
Tony616

Tony616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this happen twice, once to a sailfin tang and another time two days ago to a chocolate tang. Keep a very close eye on him, if the mark stays there or gets darker it could be an internal injury which is sadly unfixable. Both of the times it has happened to me, the fish seems fine and eats afterwards and dies the next night. If there is no major distortion, you should be good. I really hope it survives, that would suck if you lost such a smart fish.
Good luck and God bless!

Thank you. He's a healthy fish, surprised he didn't have the power to escape.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what confused me about my tangs too, they were very healthy big fish and wouldn't think they'd have trouble getting off the pump, but it is how it is. Keep an eagle eye on that guy, if any darkness occurs in the area where he got sucked then he might not make it, but I still have hopes.

Zenchi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it all worked out. My blue wedged itself on the side of the overflow and injured itself and its so concerning when injuries happen. Hoping he continues to be happy and healthy.

BOM8ER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad he's ok,
This is why you should keep your MP40's on a variable flow pattern.