Nassarius snail ate a bristle worm??

Stepheng101

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2018
Messages
64
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was feeding my clownfish pellets, and it missed one of the pellets letting it fall to the sand bed. I saw that my nassarius snails were searching for the pellet so I ended up watching them hunt for their food. Then all the sudden I see a tiny bristle worm come out of hiding trying to also get the pellet. The Nassarius snail starts to slide over the worm, and then I see it swallow the bristleworm?! Am I going crazy or did I whitness a snail eat a bristleworm?!
 
My nassarius died some time ago and it took me a bit to get a new one. I notice the that bristle worms bloomed up, and then when the new nassarius arrived they seemed to die down. I just thought they were eating the young worm and the eggs. Maybe they can eat bigger ones than I thought.
 
Hey anything can happen in this hobby. My elegance regularly eats massive bristle worms that it catches from the sand bed. Nothing else is touched funnily enough!
 
They are aggressive scavengers and im not surprised
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new