OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update. tank is up and running with salt and started cycle with bacteria and ammonia. it is going to sit this way for a month untill after i get back from over seas at the end of july. i also picked up a an 1100 gallon vat of seachem salinty! and moved this beast of 600 pounds into my basement ! lol.
IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

Don't forget to have your sanuks on tight! lol
IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i also wrestled with one of those 55 gallon barrels of aquavitro salt! Took 5 of us to get it into the back of a truck, then i ended up transfering most of the salt into smaller 5 gallon buckets so it was easier to handle. Great sale, it does mix up pretty hot though.

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i also wrestled with one of those 55 gallon barrels of aquavitro salt! Took 5 of us to get it into the back of a truck, then i ended up transfering most of the salt into smaller 5 gallon buckets so it was easier to handle. Great sale, it does mix up pretty hot though.

lol ! yeah , i took the get er done approach to it. lol. i tried getting some friends over , but it was late. used some brains and brawn and got it done. it does mix up hot, but i really like the consistency of this brand. i have seen good results of it holding it's properties and i had great success with it n my last tank. also , for the buy it was a simple fix to a long need for salt. i should not need any more for the next 1 and a half if i calculated properly.

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a quick update. i got some goodies in the mail and i also came across an unbeatable deal on some very , very lightly used gear. could not pass up the deal, looks like i am going to be giving led an honest shot.
IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks , I am in anticipation. When I get back at the end if the month it should be near done. Also looking forward to trying led. Not sure how they will compare up to halides. Maybe I am just skeptical.

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with radion or led and sps success feel free to chime in. Would love to get some insight, suggestions and encouragement! Lol. I feel I have achieved a close representation of radiums for my day settings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
little update. got my third light hung and finished electrical for the most part. got my skimmer up and running. running smooth.
IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build! Makes me wish I have a nice and open basement sump like that.

May I ask where you bought that giant barrel of salt?

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! coming along. basement sump room is nice. i can deff get used to it! lol. i got the barrel from my local lfs here on long island.it is seachem aquavitro salinty. if you have an lfs that carries that salt , they may be able to get one for you.

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats awesome... rock work looks sweet!!

Thanks !

Nice nate now grow some fcolknys like ur last tank so I can buy some frags off u again

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Going to try bro! , i am hoping these led's can do what i know my halides can. i am on the fence. how are your kessils working for you on your tank?

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may add some t5 to the mix as i have seen some tanks with great led success that way. building a custom floating canopy when i get back from overseas. not going to have the time right now. probably incorperate the t5's in.

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously are man. if i miss it too much i may have to put the leds in the closet till the tank matures. i have a chiller plumbed in , but i really dont want to deal with the wire mess that comes along with the halide , vho, led combo. i do have all the equiptment for that so we will see. i am glad to hear they are doing well on your tank. do you get any disco effect with them ?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 56 50.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back