Nater's 200DD SpS DoMiNated Tank

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following. Really like you rock work and your tank. Glad that barrel of salt didn't run you over.

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No disco affect my naturally look like halides if you didn't know they were led's you would think you are halides

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

cool. the radion pro's are deff awesome. the disco is really not that bad and i have not really messed with the percentages much at all. hopefully i can get good growth out of them. the kessil seams to have really tight led grouping witch may help with disco effect. the spread on the radions are awesome though with tir lenses.

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following. Really like you rock work and your tank. Glad that barrel of salt didn't run you over.

thanks mike, rock work is my favorite of any tank yet. and thanks man! that barrel almost had my name written on it! lol

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick update. got my new skimmer in and breaking in! tank is coming along nicely. had some issues with my fish fighting a bit and high nitrates. fish are calming down and did some nice water changes to get the nitrates under control. i will get some better pictures tomorrow. finally got my phone back and can get some half decent pictures.

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
little update, got the skeleton for my canopy done today. worked most of the day on it. tomorrow i will finish the lid and possibly pickup the skin for it and trim it out. was going to do a floating canopy but i decided i wanted a full canopy to stop from light glare and bounce some more light back into the tank using white paint. also plumbed in a 55 gallon refugium which is currently holding some live rock. no algae yet, waiting on bulb in the mail.

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally got my frags onto the rock work. snapped some quick shots. picked up a nice ora maxima and a fungia plate today. first fungia plate i have ever owned. i may be addicted ! lol. hope everyone is having a great labor day weekend!
IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

Last edited:

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nater, really nice set up brotha! Don't you luv it when a plan comes together and as I can see this took a lot of planning. I love to see each persons interpretation and vision of a ''reef''. U nailed it with this one! Good luck in the future with this set up!

lakeviewink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, you've got me thinking of upgrading my MP40's for 60's. I've got the same tank with three 40's on it. Gotta figure out how to make them 60's lol. Great looking scape and canopy too.

OP
OP
nater

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nater, really nice set up brotha! Don't you luv it when a plan comes together and as I can see this took a lot of planning. I love to see each persons interpretation and vision of a ''reef''. U nailed it with this one! Good luck in the future with this set up!

thank you very much bro. alot of planning.... lol. i wish haha. seriously though , i had a vision and i just went for it. bringing prior knowledge in from my old system and working off that and some left over equipment and some new. my vision is to have a full blown sps dominated reef and thus far i am loving it. now it's time for the frags to grow. thanks a lot for your compliments! love this hobby

Man, you've got me thinking of upgrading my MP40's for 60's. I've got the same tank with three 40's on it. Gotta figure out how to make them 60's lol. Great looking scape and canopy too.

i will say that the 60's are deff over kill, but ... the wider and stronger flow pattern from the 60's are what makes it for me. the current is way stronger and the the undertow of the 60's keep debris suspended. i really do not have them set more then 1/4 up right now. it is possible that down the line i may take one off and put two 40's on the back instead and leave one 60 on the side. i am up in the air on that though. i like the fact that i am using less energy and achieving better and stronger flow patterns for my sps.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. This thread is seriously lacking in an update. :D

How are the Radion Pro's doing compared to Halides?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 68 48.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back