Nathan's 40Breeder Mixed reef

nwpowell0481

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a member for a few months now and decided to go ahead and start a tank thread. My current setup is a 40breeder. I upgraded to this size after having a 28gal JBJ nano for about a year. Coral addiction took up too much space and had to upgrade....lol Anyways like I said my current setup is a 40 breeder with a 20gal long sump and a 20gal tall refugium. The sump has an Aquamaxx HOB skimmer and two phosban reactors, one with carbon and one with GFO. Currently running a mag7 return pump and will soon be upgrading to a mag 9.5 or higher. The 40B main display tank uses a Beananimal Overflow with 1.5 inch drains and the returns are 3/4 pvc with locline in the display. Lighting is a DIY fixture with all components purchased from Rapidled. Color ratio is as follows: 12RB, 12B, 12CW, 4 420nm UV, 2Green, and 2 660nm deep red. Here are a few pics of the build:
Building the overflow

Building the stand

Refugium Build

Sump Build

Plumbing

Fast forward to about 5 months ago.

Most recent FTS

There are a lot more plans for this build in the future. The entire stand will eventually be enclosed and a hood will be built to hide the lighting. Currently working on an integrated power center to better organize the power and lighting cords. This will be integrated into the right side of the stand. I will update this thread as progress is made. Thanks for stopping by!!!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Nathan, love all the DIY skills and the way you did the fuge on the back.

OP
OP
N

nwpowell0481

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. The fuge has about 25lbs of rock. It also has cheato, caulerpa, and pulsing zenias in it. Hopefully it will eventually become a zenia fuge.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good! Digging the rock work.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back